What is Brainscape currently working on?

Modified on by Andrew Cohen

Here at the Brainscape office in New York, our team is hard at work making it easier and easier for you to study what matters most.  In the past few months, we’ve added the ”bookmarking” feature, implemented “Browse Mode”,  and have developed many new subjects on our Market, including several key AP exams.  But Brainscape is still just at 1% of our ultimate vision for the future of learning.

Below is a look at a few more things that Brainscape currently has in our pipeline for the next several months:

• Making it easier for you to share the subjects that you’re creating and studying with your classmates

• Enhancing our privacy options for the subjects that you create

• Improving the design of both our website and our iOS app(s)

• Creating an Android-friendly mobile website

• Visualizing better stats for individual users and classes

• Enabling the upload of pictures from your phone directly onto flashcards

• .  . . . And many more exciting improvements

Sincerely,

Andrew Cohen
Founder & CEO
Brainscape

GaKitada 2 years ago

Being able to study the cards reverse is essential in languages as one will need to know translations in both ways.

Caleb Holmes 2 years ago

There should be a way to shuffle the decks that we make.

C.Alexander 2 years ago

It is difficult to prioritize cards. If some cards aren't as important, they keep coming up, when I would rather study other cards..

augapfel 2 years ago

Agreed. This would be really helpful. Sometimes there are words that just have no relevance to my situation.

An example of this comes up in the third or fourth deck of the Chinese vocab, religious words like Protestant, Catholic, Hindu, etc start showing up. Most of China is Atheist and in day to day conversation religion is rarely a topic so While I don't know these words, I'd rather out them off till later. Right now that's possible

Hi,

We'll be adding a card bookmarking tool in the future so you can study only those cards you find relevant.
Best,
Amanda Moritz
Brainscape

Chih Wei 2 years ago

It would be helpful to have a feature that allows you to study multiple decks at the same time

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Chih Wei 2 years ago

Hi Amanda,

I found the feature for individual subject. I have some cards that I created for myself, and what I meant was that it would be helpful to be able to study decks from across subjects at the same time.

Ah, I see. Down the road we will offer more flexible studying options, including a way to bookmark cards from various subjects/decks to study together.

Thanks for the comment!
Amanda

Dimitry 2 years ago

A major pet peeve of mine is the fact that I cannot edit my own decks once I have begun to study them. I mean I can through the site only which is inconvenient.

Hi Dimitry,

Is that because you are editing them from the advanced editor online? You should be able to edit your cards in the app if yo keep them as a simple deck. In the future you will be able to edit advanced decks in the app too.
Let me know if your simple decks are not working in the app as they should be.

Best,
Amanda

Ganj Beebani 2 years ago

Hi Amanda, I agree with Dimitry. Unfortunately, the current way to edit cards is by leaving the study mode and entering the edit mode. This means a learner will lose the point of of where they stopped. It would be great to be able to study the card and edit it directly in study mode (the button on the top right currently does not hgave that option).

Hi Ganj,

I responded to your previous comment that we are working towards a better create system. We're a small team and hope you bear with us during our pretty early stages of development.

If you have a Brainscape account and log in during your study sessions, your progress will be automatically saved every time you exit your study session. So when you leave to eidt your cards (as you must at this time) when you return to study, your saved progress will be there and ready for you to study again.

Best,
Amanda

Breanna 2 years ago

Adding pictures!

Hey Breanna,

*Creating cards in the app will improve over time, but for now our website offers you more control and speed in your card creation--you can even share your decks!

Stephanie 2 years ago

It would be helpful if you could add your own picture to the flash card

Jeff Kennedy 2 years ago

Hi There

I love your product! Here is an idea for improvement.

A 2 level classification would be helpful. For example, if I am studying chemistry and physics by chapter (i have each chapter in a separate deck). I'd like a chapter progress and a total progress for each subject. Plus I finish both topics and go on to biology, I don't want the summary stats to say I am 78% finished when I am just starting that subject which is the case as time moves forward.

Thanks
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Great suggestion! Thanks for sending it our way. We're going to be improving the stats reporting over time. Watch out for new messages and reports in the upcoming app updates!

Cheers,
Amanda Moritz
Brainscape
blog.brainscape.com
facebook.com/brainscape
twitter.com/brainscape

JonS 2 years ago

Windows 8 support would be awesome!

Hi JonS,

We still have a lot of work to do on the iOS app and our website<http: brainscape.com=""/>.
We're a small team and will get to non-iOS mobile support down the road.
I'll definitely let you know when we start working on something for Windows 8! In the meantime, keep 'scaping online <http: brainscape.com=""/>.

Best,
Amanda Moritz
Brainscape
blog.brainscape.com
facebook.com/brainscape
twitter.com/brainscape

Andy 2 years ago

being able to edit the written font would be nice. such as highlighting...

Hi Andy,

*Creating your own cards in the app will improve over time, but for now our website offers you more control and speed in your card creation--you can even share your decks!

thanks for ur team 2 years ago

I wanna add pictuse on the cards this will muiltiple the results of our efforts

Bill Rabara 2 years ago

Are you still working on a biology subject deck?

Hey Bill,

We are not working on the bio subject at the moment. It will be "MCAT Bio" and it will be available once the rest of the MCAT subjects are done.

Best,