Understanding the world's religions is a giant, important step to understanding how the world works. Increase your knowledge of many of the world's major religions with this great subject added to your Brainscape library!
What Users Are Saying
- Lpnmama912 "This has really helped me study for my world religions final…"
- Butchhowardsc "Very practical and handy: I found it to be quite an enjoyable way to gain a quick grasp of other faiths."
- Latara7 "It brings out the knowledge hungry kid in me."
Religion Crash Course:
- Helps you memorize the fundamental religious dates, figures, and practices that everyone should know
- Will teach you things like "Where the Buddha achieved enlightenment", "3 major movements in modern Judais," and "The parable of the Prodigal Son."
- Let's you utilize convenient "browse" and "search" functions to help you to find specific content on demand
Religion Crash Course contains 157 flashcards across 6 decks organized as follows:
- Chinese Religion
Add this to your library and get a better handle on some of the world's major religions today!
Lessons in this Subject
|#||Deck Name||Num. of Cards|
The ancient wisdom of Hinduism has survived for thousands of years, its ideas appearing and reappearing in ethical traditions throughout the world. Use this deck to begin understanding the oldest of the world's major religions.
Legend has it that the people of India asked the Buddha if he was a god, an angel, or a saint. The Buddha replied no to all three questions. "Then what are you?" the people asked. The Buddha replied, "I am awake." Gain a basic understanding of the Buddha's philosophy-religion, which is at once deeply mysterious and startlingly simple.
The youngest of the three Abrahamic religions has a rich history and a fascinating theology often overlooked in the western world. Use this deck to gain a layman's understanding of the tenets of Islam.
By the numbers, Judaism is a small religion, but the impact that Jews have had on the world is significant. Use this deck to learn about the beliefs and practices of this oldest of Abrahamic religions.
From the simple life of Christ to the often bewildering hermeneutics of the Bible, Christianity has had a great impact on humanity. The history and future of the western world cannot be understood without a working knowledge of Earth's most popular religion. This deck provides a solid introduction.
The traditions of China challenge the western concept of "religion." Rather than enforcing dogma, China's various systems of thought and practice borrow from and build on each other, forming a rich patchwork of intermingling ideas. This deck provides a very brief introduction to the ethical and religious traditions native to China: Confucianism, Taoism, and ancient folk religion.