Flashcards in 16.Femoral region Deck (15)
the femoral triangle is bounded :
- superiorly by te inguinal ligament
-medially by the medial border of the adductor longus muscle
- laterally by the medial border of sartorius muscle
femoral triangle contains ( form outer to inner)
outer - femoral nerve - femoral artery - femoral vein - femoral canal ( deep inguinal lymphs nodes ) - outer
femoral sheath is ... ( and contains )
-facial tube 3-4 cm below inguinal ligament
it contains femoral vein, artery and femoral canl ( deep inguinal lymphs nodes ) --> BUT not he femoral nerve)
the inguinal ligament running from the ...... to the ....
pubic tubercle - anterior suprior iliac spine
site of femoral hernia
what passes through femoral ring
THE entrance to the femoral canal is the
• What structure forms the superior border of the femoral triangle?
The inguinal ligament
• What structure forms the lateral border of the femoral triangle?
The sartorius muscle
• What structure forms the medial border of the femoral triangle?
The adductor longus muscle
• What three main structures are contained within the femoral sheath?
Femoral artery, femoral vein, and femoral canal
• What femoral triangle structure lies outside of the femoral sheath?
The femoral nerve
• Name, from lateral to medial, the organization of vasculature, lymphatics, and nerves in the femoral region.
Nerve, Artery, Vein, Empty space, and Lymphatics (go from lateral to medial to find your NAVEL)
• A man is stabbed. The femoral triangle is punctured, but the femoral sheath is intact. What part of the femoral triangle may be damaged?