Flashcards in 2 Deck (25):
to use a software application to look for and read documents on the Internet that are written in HTML-code
[C] a software application that is used to look for and read documents on the Internet
- [C] a reserved area of memory where data can be stored for a short time
- to store data in a reserved area of memory for a short time
buffer n., v.
[C] an error in software or the chip layout that causes repeated malfunctions
bug (also glitch) n.
included as part of an application and accessible by end-users
- [C] software and/or services included with a new computer at no extra cost
- to include computer software or services with a new computer at no extra cost
bundle n., v.
[C] a set of wires through which data is transmitted from one part of a computer system to another
relating to business software that enables companies to exchange services, information or products online
business-to-business (B2B) a.
relating to business software that enables companies and consumers to exchange services, information or products online
business-to-consumer (B2C) a.
[C] a unit of digital information that consists of 8 bits
[C] a temporary high-speed storage area for copies of data that is often needed while a program is running
cache n., v.
[C] the part inside a computer to which chips are attached, allowing the computer to do specific things
- to save a particular state of a program, esp. the information currently displayed
- [C] the act of saving a particular state of program, esp. the info currently displayed
capture v., n.
[C] a software tool or online service that you use to check things, e.g. grammar and spelling
checker (also check) n.
[C] a small square in a dialog box that you can click to leave a Web site
checkout button n.
[C] a group of integrated circuits (chips) that are used together to perform a specific function
[C] a workstation or a software program a personal computer, both of which rely on a server to perform certain tasks
[C] a special memory area (buffer) which is used to transfer text or graphics within a document or between documents
- [C] a group of computers, connected together to improve computing power
- to connect a group of computers together to improve computing power
cluster n., v.
- [U] written computer instructions
- to write computer instructions
code n., v.
[U] software designed to help people to work together on a project with computers
collaboration software (also groupware) n.
[C] an instruction given to the computer by means of keyboard, mouse or voice command
(of software and hardware) (~ with) able to work together
[C] a computer program that translates a high-level programming language into machine code