Flashcards in 20. Response to exercise Deck (9):
1. increased CO2 production
2. Increased O2 consumption
3. increased ventilation rate ( to meet O2 demand)
4.V/Q ratio from apex to base mor uniform
5. increased pulmonary flow (increased CO)
6. decreased ph in strenuous ( lactic acidosis )
O2 and o2 in arterial and venous bolood
1. No change of PaO2 and PaCO2
2. increased in venous CO2 and decreased in venous O2 content
more uniform from apex to base
• A man undergoes an exercise test. What happens to carbon dioxide production in his muscles? Oxygen consumption? Rate of ventilation?
They are all increased
• A man undergoes an exercise test. What happens to the ventilation/perfusion ratio?
It becomes more uniform from apex to base
• A personal trainer undergoes strenuous exercise. How does the pH of the body change?
pH decreases during strenuous exercise due to lactic acidosis
• PaO2 and PaCO2 ____ (increase/decrease/stay the same) in response to exercise.
Stay the same