Flashcards in 2003 Major Disasters and Other Major Emergencies (fire Operations) Deck (13):
Who is responsible for maintaining this
Deputy Chief, Operations Bureau
Who is responsible for:
1. Activating the Fire Department Operations Center (FDOC) in response to a major disaster and/or other major emergency.
TFD Command Officers
Command Officers responding to the FDOC shall be responsible for?
1. Confirming the existence of a situation that warrants activation of the FDOC.
2. Ensuring that an FDOC liaison is functioning at the incident command post(s).
Who is responsible for:
1. Managing communications operations.
2. Making decisions regarding deployment of resources to the incident scene.
3. Advising Command Officers regarding the need to activate the FDOC in response to a major disaster and/or other major emergency.
The Fire Communications Supervisor
Major disaster/major emergency
Situations involving 2 alarm or larger fires
and/or when 80% of TFD response companies are simultaneously out of service
for more than 15 minutes due to emergency activity.
What situations could cause the activation of the FDOC?
a. One major incident affecting a localized or widespread area.
b. Two or more working incidents that cause high demand for resources at different locations.
c. Numerous simultaneous incidents causing a peak demand on TFD’s entire response system.
What are 2 of the purposes of the FDOC?
1. Select Command Officers and/or TFD emergency management personnel to staff the City of Tacoma’s Emergency Coordination
Center (COTECC) when it is activated.
2. Liaison with the COTECC when it is activated.
What policy number is Major Disasters and Other Major Emergencies?
Where is the primary and alternate sites for the FDOC?
TFD Headquarters will serve as the primary site for the FDOC.
a. The TFD Training Center is the alternate site.
The Deputy Chief, Administration Bureau, shall report to the FDOC to?
a. Assist with situation analysis, policy making, and support activities as needed.
b. Ensure that:
i. Reserve engines and ladders are deployed as available.
ii. Supplies and equipment are delivered to the incident scene(s) as needed.
c. Provide personnel as needed to:
i. Make emergency purchases and/or obtain needed supplies and equipment from other sources.
The Deputy Chief, Administration Bureau, shall Provide personnel as needed to?
Function as the Water Control Officer
In the event of a major disaster or other major emergency, the primary
function of the FPD is?
To provide personnel resources and transportation to support Operations.
a. Specific individuals also may be assigned to provide technical assistance or expertise for certain situations.