Flashcards in 2014-2016 Service Priorities Deck (4)
What are the 2014-2016 Service Priorities?
Safe Communities and Neighbourhoods
Economic Sustainability & Operational Excellence
High Quality, Professional Service to the Community
What are the six goals of Safe Communities and Neighbourhoods?
1. Enhance prevention and enforcement activities focusing on VIOLENT CRIME AND ILLEGAL DRUG ACTIVITY to reduce
crime and improve perceptions of safety in neighbourhoods.
2. Improve SUPPORT FOR VICTIMS and witnesses affected by crime or violence, by referral to appropriate services.
3. Improve ROAD SAFETY and traffic flow for pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists, using technology where possible.
4. Contribute to and FOSTER NEIGHBOURHOOD-initiated efforts to strengthen a sense of community, address signs of physical disorder, and engage more proactively with community members.
5. Enhance officer ability to effectively interact WITH EDPS particularly those with mental illness.
6. Improve public and Service member awareness of vulnerabilities associated with use of the INTERNET AND CYBER DEVICES.
What are the six goals of the priority Economic Sustainability & Operational Excellence?
1. ALIGN SERVICE PROGRAMS with core or priority service requirements to ensure Service resources are used most efficiently.
2. Continue to assess and INVEST in operational processes and partnerships to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of operations.
3. Set MEASURABLE STANDARDS to optimize service delivery and resource appropriately, including, but not limited to, standards relating to response time to calls for service and resource use/deployment.
4. IMPROVE HR MANAGEMENT and accountability within the Service, including the development
- personnel evaluation and monitoring processes/tools that better reflect expectations relating to member performance,
- management/leadership training that enables supervisors to better manage and guide member performance, and
- comprehensive succession planning processes for both uniform and civilian members.
5. Use and invest in TECHNOLOGY to support administrative, operational, and investigative improvements and efficiencies.
6. Continue to develop and improve the Service’s capacity to deal with CRIMES committed involving or using TECHNOLOGY.