Flashcards in 210B -Patrol Function Administrative Order (Patrol Roll Call 2.3.09) Deck (31):
WHO ASSIGNS OFFICERS TO THEIR Zones?
Chief of Patrol
ZONE COMMANDERS ASSIGN PERSONNEL BASED ON WHAT?
Staffing levels BASED ON WORKLOAD DEMAND
WHO MAKES SQUAD AND Sector ASSIGNMENTS?
WATCH COMMANDERS are responsible each day for ensuring ______ staffing levels are maintained.
Minimum staffing levels
UNDER NORMAL circumstances, EACH SERGEANT WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORE THAN HOW MANY Officers reporting to him?
WHY ARE ROLL CALLS CONDUCTED?
1. VERIFY ATTENDANCE
2. Inspect uniforms and equipment
3. Conduct roll call TRAINING
4. Disseminate relevant Information and announcements
5. Hold debriefings of recent incidents
SERGEANTS WILL INSPECT each officer FOR WHAT?
1. Verify attendance
2. Inspect UNIFORM AND EQUIPMENT
Watch 3 roll call for all zones is between what hours?
GIVE THE EXAMPLES OF ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED ON THE READING FILE?
1. INTELLIGENCE ON HAZARDS OR UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCES
2. UPDATES ON CRIME INFORMATION
3. IMMEDIATE PROCEDURAL CHANGES
4. RELEVANT INFORMATION
After checking in by radio or computer, if an officer must remain out of service, they will do what?
Get SUPERVISORS PERMISSION
Change status accordingly
OFFICERS ON late CALL UNABLE TO GET TO CHECK OFF ARE REQUIRED TO DO WHAT?
1. CONTACT Their supervisor and tell how much work is left on call
2. How many reports they still need to submit
3. Supervisor will coordinate getting a relief with HQ
Who establishes the minimum required staffing levels for normal circumstances?
Chief of Patrol
Watch 2 start time is _____.
Watch 5 start time is between what hours?
Watch 6 start time is between what hours?
Who is responsible for ensuring the shift roster is accurate in EIS?
In accordance with applicable bargaining agreements, member schedules will be established and adjusted to meet the needs of the _______ ________.
Watch Commanders do the following to prepare for roll call:
1.review correspondence from CoC and other divisions to determine what information should be dispersed to Squad
2. Establish sector or specialized assignments for the watch
3. Designate OIC if necessary
4. Determine if Debrief recent events or roll call training is necessary
Specific formation of the officers at roll call be be at the discretion of who?
Zone Commander or Watch Commander conducting roll call
After squads are based “at ease” the Watch Commander will induce anyone wishing to speak to the watch in the following order:
1. Any staff member
2. Guests from outside agency with authorization from zone Commander or higher authority to speak
3. Representatives from other division with authorization from watch Commander or higher authority to speak
4. Other members of Patrol Division with authorization from watch Commander or higher authority to speak
Officers will ______ ensure their call status is accurately reflected on their call logs by notifying HQ via radio or computer.
After check off, officers will :
Return to their assigned areas to continue patrol duties until conclusion of their shift
Upon researching the second hour of overtime, and every subsequent hour, officers will notify who?
On duty watch Commander
Each zone is required to have an _________ Watch Commander at all times.
Once checked into service, Officer should not ______ their assigned areas without ________ of Supervisor or required for police business.
Approval of supervisor
Officers and supervisors are expected to respond to ______ in a timely manner.
Who establishes the number of sworn and civilian personnel permanently assigned to each zone?
Chief of Patrol
Start time for Watch 1 is between what hours?
Watch 4 start time is between what hours?
Officers arriving late to roll call without prior approval will do the following:
1. Remain out of formation until acknowledged by supervisor
2. Late officer reports to Watch Commander after roll call