Flashcards in 23. Cell surface proteins Deck (11):
• Which cell surface proteins are found on helper T cells?
CD4, CD40 ligand, TCR, CD3, CD28
Which cell surface proteins are found on cytotoxic T cells?
CD8, TCR, CD3, CD28, CXCR4/CCR5
On T-cell surfaces, ____is associated with the TCR, which binds to____. ____ binds to B7 during antigen-presenting cell signal transduction.
CD3, the antigen-MHC complex; CD28
• Which cell surface proteins are found on B cells?
Immunoglobulin (Ig), CD19, CD20, CD21, CD40, major histocompatibility complex (MHC) II, B7
Patients with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) are more likely to have a B-cell lymphoma. How does EBV interact with B cells to make this possible?
On B cells, Epstein-Barr virus binds to CD21 (you can drink Beer at the Bar when you're 21)
• Which cell surface proteins are found on macrophages?
Major histocompatibility complex II, B7, CD40, CD14, receptors for Fc and C3b
Which cell surface proteins are found on natural killer (NK) cells?
Receptors for major histocompatibility complex I, CD16, CD56
• On natural killer (NK) cells, which CD binds the Fc region of immunoglobulin G (IgG)? Which CD is a unique marker for identifying NK cells?
Do all human cells have major histocompatibility complex I (MHC I)?
No, as mature red blood cells do not have MHC I
• Which cell surface protein on B cells binds antigen?