Flashcards in 43. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome Deck (13)
Zollinger - Ellison syndrome definition
gastrin - secretin tumor 9 gastinoma
Zolliνγερ - Ellison syndrome - area of tumor
Zollinger - Ellison syndrome is associated with
Zollinger ellison causes
acid hypersecretion --> recurrent ulcers in duodenum and jejunum
recurrent ulcers in
duodenum and jejunum
Zollinger - Ellison syndrome present with ( symptoms)
1. abdominal pain ( peptic ulcer disease, distal ulcers)
2. diarrhea ( malabsorption)
Zollinger - Ellison syndrome - diagnostic test
secretin stiumation test
normal action of secretin on gastrin
secretin normally inhibits gastrin release
Zollinger - Ellison syndrome - secretin stiumalation test ---> results
positive ---> gastrin levels remain elevated after administration of secretin
• Zollinger-Ellison syndrome is the result of a tumor that secretes what substance? Where is the tumor usually located?
Gastrin; the pancreas or duodenum
• A patient has failed several PPIs. On endoscopy, he has jejunal ulcers and thickened gastric rugae. What malignancy is possible?
Zollinger-Ellison syndrome caused by a gastrin-secreting tumor
• A patient has jejunal ulcers, diarrhea, and increased gastrin. What genetic syndrome is associated with this?
Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) type I (gastrinoma of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome)