Flashcards in 5. Post Search Process Deck (3)
What are the scenarios where compensation may or may not be paid?
1. Execution of a SW or power is justified - compensation will seldom be paid.
2. Execution of a SW/power is not justified by the outcome but the grounds for execution were sound - compensation is unlikely to be paid.
3. Unjustified damaged caused in execution - compensation may be available.
4. Mistake made in execution - compensation likely.
5. Entry under s14 - compensation seldom paid.
Where a claim arises,a report should be directed to the District Commander with what info?
- circumstances the SW/power were executed
- grounds for execution
- damage caused and associated circumstances
- outcome of SW/power
- details of owner and occupiers of property
- nature and basis of claim
- any steps taken by Police or owner to prevent further loss or damage