Flashcards in Animal And Plant Cells Deck (18):
What is cell wall?
Cell wall is found in only plant cells which is made up of cellulose (a complex carbohydrate), it is fully permeable and it gives shape to the cell.
What is cell membrane what is cell membrane?
It is found in both animal and plant cell. It is made up of facts (lipids) and proteins. it is partially permeable. And it separates the organelles of the cell from the outside.
What is cytoplasm?
It is found in both animal and plant cell. In animal cell it is confined to a thin lining. While in plant cell it covers most of the space. It is the place where most of the reactions take place.
What is large central vacuole?
It is found only in plant cell. The vacuole contains cell sap. Which folder contains sugar, salt, water, excretory products and it may or may not contain pigment. It also gives a shape to the plant cell.
What is small vacuole?
It may or may not be found in animal cell and it may or may not contain water animal cell and it may or may not contain water or excretory products.
What is nucleus?
It is mostly present in both animal and plant cell. It controls all the activities of the cell. It has thread like structures called chromosomes which contain instruction in the form of genes. Its nucleoplasm and nucleus is surrounded by nuclear membrane which is perforated which helps an easy exchange of instructions.
What is chloroplast?
Chloroplast is only found in plant cell. It contains chlorophyll. A green pigment which helps in photosynthesis.
What is an organelle?
It is a structurally or functionally distinct part of the cell surrounded by membrane so its activities can be separated.
For example mitochondria.
What is a cell?
It is a structural unit of a living body.
For example red blood cell, root hair cell and white blood cell.
What is a tissue?
It is a collection of usually similar cells of the same origin working for a particular function.
For example epidermal tissue, muscle tissue, blood
What is an organ?
An Organ is a part of a body composed of two separate tissues working for a particular function.
For example lungs, heart and Kidneys and leaves.
What is an organ system?
It is a collection of organs working for a particular function.
Example respiratory system and digestive system. Or circulatory system
What are the properties of a red blood cells? And what is its function?
To transport oxygen in the body.
1) disc shaped biconcave. Increase surface area.
2) cytoplasm contains hemoglobin haemoglobin combine with oxygen to form oxyhaemoglobin.
3) non nucleated.
4) flexible cell membrane so it can pass through thin lumen of blood capillaries.
5) produced in bone marrow
6) constantly being produced
What is the function of the root hair cell and its properties?
To absorb water and mineral salts from the soil.
1) finger like projection or protrusion.
2) thin cell wall
3) directly in contact with the water.
What is the function of xylem vessel and what is its properties?
To transport water to the stem and leaves after root hair cell. Send it to him.
1) cells are stacked born each other giving it a continous tube like structure.
2) its cell continents, are dissolved with no horizontal walls for easy transportation of water and salt.
3) the walls have Lignin deposition, making them extremely tough and waterproof. Helps in conducting maximum water to the upper parts of the plant by limiting lateral movement
What are the properties of a cheek cell?
1) irregular shaped cells
2) contain nucleus, cytoplasm and cell membrane
What is onion epidermis and its properties?
1) tissue with identical cells knowing no space in between.
2) regular shaped cells seen cell wall, cytoplasm and nucleus found.