Flashcards in APU Deck (21):
APU service ceiling?
Were is the APU?
- In the Tail unpressurized
How does the APU run?
- Has a computer which controls normal operations with automatic protection.
N speed limitation?
- N speed reaching 107 degrees red auto shut down.
When will N speed become amber?
- 102 degrees will indicate amber
Max EGT for APU?
- 699 Amber
- Max EGT Calculated goes red will auto shut down
When you see XX PSI replacing bleed pressure means?
- Air data inertial reference unit 2 is not available or is selected off.
When does AVAIL come on?
- N speed 99.5% or if above 95% more than 2 sec.
Where are APU Fire indications at?
- Panal near nose gear
- Over head panel Guarded Push Button
If aircraft has not been powered in the past 6 hours what do you have to do?
- You must check status of the ships batteries for required voltage of 25.5 or greater.
If ships batteries is are less than 25.5 volts?
- Must charge for 20 min with external power before being able to start APU.
Time required to wait until pressing START?
- At least 5 second (not required to wait for Flap opening)
What can't you see APU battery start only?
- Can't see low oil level before start.
- APU page can't be displayed
How long for APU start?
- Available 1 min after selecting start
How long will APU run for shutdown?
- 2 min cool down. (can stop shutdown anytime during 2 min)
How long do you need to wait after APU shutdown to turn batteries off?
- Wait 2 minutes after AVAIL light goes out.
Max altitude for APU start?
- 25,000 feet
Max altitude for bleed air powering 1 Pack?
- 20,000 feet
Max altitude for bleed air powering 2 Packs?
- 15,000 feet
How man factors does the APU computer control?
- 16 different factors