Flashcards in ATI TESTING Deck (15):
A nurse is performing assessments on clients of various ages. Which of the following is an appropriate physical assessment technique?
Measurement of an adults BP with a cuff whose bladder surrounds 80% of the clients arm circumference
2.A nurse is planning care of an adolescent who is post op following a lumbar laminectomy. Which of the following interventions should you include in the plan of care
allow the adolescent to make decisions regarding his normal routine
3. A nurse is planning care for a patient who has dysphagia following a stroke. The nurse should initiate a referral for which of the following therapies.
4. A nurse is providing teaching about a clear liquid diet. Which of the following should the nurse tell them to avoid.
5. A nurse is caring for a patient who has TB. Which of the following actions should the nurse take.
Place the client in a negative pressure room, wear gloves when assisting the client with oral care, use antimicrobial sanitizer for hand hygiene.
6. A nurse is performing a Romberg’s test during the physical assessment of a client. Which of the following techniques should the nurse use.
Have the client stand with arms at side and feet together.
7. A nurse is preparing to transfer a client from the bed to the stretcher using a slide board. Which of the following actions should the nurse take next?
Lower the HOB
8. A nurse is performing a peripheral vascular assessment for a client. When placing the stethoscope on the clients neck they hear a weird sound. This sound indicates which of the following
Narrowed arterial lumen
9.A nurse I planning to delegate client care to an AP. Which of the following factors is the most important for the nurse to consider before delegating care?
The facility’s job description for the AP
10. A nurse in a long-term care facility is planning to perform hygiene care for a new resident. Which of the following assessment questions is the nurse’s priority before beginning this procedure?
Are you able to help with your hygiene care
11. A client is receiving continuous tube feeding via NG tube. The client has 3 episodes of vomiting in 12 hours. Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
Aspirate for residual
12. A nurse is caring for a client who reports pain. When documenting the quality of pain, the nurse should record which of the following client statements
the pain is like a dull ache in my stomach
13.A nurse is preparing to insert an IV catheter into a client’s arm prior to initiating IV fluid therapy. Which of the following interventions should the nurse implement to prevent infection
thread the IV catheter so that the hub rests at the insertion site
14. A nurse is caring for a client who has a prescription for wound irrigation. Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
Cleanse the wound from the center-outwards