Flashcards in Auto Flight System Deck (41):
Auto flight system consist of?
- FCU (flight control unit)
- Thrust Levers
- MCDU's (multifunction control + Display units
- Flight management
- Flight guidance
- Flight augmentation
Flight guidance provided by?
- 2 FMGC's
Flight augmentation computers control?
- Rudder function
- Flight envelope calculations
- Speed calculations
- Yaw damping
- Turn coordination
- Rudder trim
- Rudder limiting
FMA color codes?
- Green Engaged Flight Mode
- Blue Armed Modes
- Magenta Armed to capture altitude contrasts
- White Aircraft capabilities and status of auto flight system
- Amber Thrust related caution message
FMGC's limit max bank to?
- Never exceed 30 degrees, normal limit 25 degrees
Soonest auto pilot can be engaged?
- No sooner than 100feet AGL
Thrust lever detents?
Auto thrust is automatically armed when?
- During takeoff when the pilot moves thrust levers to the TOGA or FLEX detent
Thrust input found?
- EPR gauges
Thrust levers out of CL will?
- Limit the amount of thrust (message AUTO FLT A/THR limited)
Disconnecting AUTO THRUST
- Move to idle landing
- Match thrust lever position push one pb on lever
- Pilot selected
- FMS managed
FMS flight phases for speed?
- Takeoff (TOGA or FLEX)
- Climb (Normally 1000 AGL)
- Cruise (Cruise alt)
- Descent (crew initiates)
- Approach (activated by crew)
- GO Around (TOGA)
SRS (Speed reference system) does?
- Available during takeoff / Go around
- Commands pitch alt
- V2 + 10 both engines
- V2 single engine
- Climb gradient of 1.2 limited to 18 degrees takeoff
S Speed is?
- Min airspeed for retracting the Flaps/Slats after Takeoff or Go around
F Speed is?
- Flap retraction speed
- Computed by the FAC's
- Max speed for configuration
- Auto flight system will not let aircraft accel past
Passing through 10,000 aircraft will?
- Accelerate to ECON CLB
2 FAC's control?
2 ELAC's (elevator Aileron computer) control?
3 SEC's (spoiler elevator computer) controls?
- Spoiler / Elevator
- Backup for THS / Elevator control
Flight control laws?
- Normal Law
- Alternate Law
- Direct Law
- Mechanical backup
When do the ELAC's memorize the pitch altitude?
- 50 Feet AGL
When do ELAC's gently pitch down?
- 30 Feet AGL
Maneuvering protections, with flaps and without?
- With flaps extended +2.0 g max neg 0.0
- Without flaps extended =2.5 max neg 1.0
What is the pitch protection?
- Up 30 degrees
- Down 15 degrees
- Full stick commands 15 degrees per second roll
- Out of center between 15 and 0 degrees
How much automatic picture trim for bank assistance?
- Up to 33 degrees
Bank angle is held up to?
- 33 degrees
Bank angle is limited to, if high speed protection is on or angle of attack is active?
- 45 degrees
Can Alternate Law be activated with a single failure of a flight control system?
- NO 2 or more failures must occure
When is Direct Law used?
- In landing because Alternate Law does not provide landing mode.
- Y aw control (damping, turn coordination, rudder limiter, and rudder trim)
- A irspeed protection computation (alpha port. high/low limits, maneuver speed low speed limits PFD speed scale)
- W indshear protection
- L ow energy warning protection (speed, speed, speed)
What happens at Alpha prot?
- A OA is commanded instead of load factor
- S peed brake retracted
- A utopilot disengages
- P itch trim up is inhibited
Normal Law protections?
- B ank angle protection
- P itch angle protection
- L oad factor protection
- A ngle of attack protection (alpha prot)
- S peed protection
When do wing tip brakes engage to lock the slats and/or flaps? (4 red collared circuit breakers)
- R unaway
- O verspeed
- A symmetry
- M movement (un-commanded)
When is the low energy warning inhibited? (speed, speed, speed synthetic voice)
- Normal law not active
- Alpha floor
- Flaps 1 or 0
- RA failure (Dual)
- Altitude above 2000 RA or Below 100 RA
- GPWS alert
What information comes from ADR computers?
- B aro altitude
- O verspeed warning
- A ngle of attack
- T emperature
- S peed/Mach