Flashcards in Body Organization, Systems, Anatomical Terms And Homeostasis II Deck (16):
1. What is the basic building block of all matter?
An atom because atoms are the smallest unit of all matter. Pg.24
6. What level of organization does the picture above represent?
An organ system because a group of tissues create an organ which two or more organs create an organ system. Pg.24
18. What plane divides superior from inferior?
the top half which is superior and the bottom half as inferior, cut across the middle. Pg.28
dorsal is at the back so the back is dorsal to the stomach. Pg.28
Ventral because it is opposite to dorsal. Pg.28
35. Shivering and sweating are two responses in which feedback?
Negative because shivering and sweating happens often unlike positive feedback which happens rarely. Pg.33
38. What system delivers oxygen and nutrients to the body parts that need them?
The circulatory system because it circulates all your nutrients and oxygen throughout the body to where it is called too. Pg.18
39. What two things are not controlled by homeostasis?
Climate and diet are not controlled by homeostasis because the weather does not effect humans body maintaining a constant temperature and environment, neither does diet. Pg.32
46. Place the following events in sequence:A) nerves and hormones communicate with hypothalamus B) you began sweating C) your body begins overheating?
C, A, B because first your body has to get hot to make the nerves and hormone send a signal to the hypothalamus telling the body to sweat. Pg.34
54. What would not happen if your core body temp was too low?
Sweat would cool the body as it evaporated because when your body is to cold it does not sweat so all the sweat in your body would evaporate. Pg.34
56. Two or more atoms of elements that chemically combine are called?
A molecule because molecules are made up of atoms. Pg.30
64. The organs of the endocrine system produce chemical messengers called enzymes?
False because chemical messengers are not called enzymes they are called hormones. Pg.32
66. What element is Hydrogen?
H because hydrogens element is H. Pg.30
71. What element is Potassium?
K because potassiums element is K. Pg.30
75. What is Nitrogens element?
N because Nitrogens element is N. Pg.30