Flashcards in Chapter 14 - Dana. Deck (24):
- Virtually (adj.)
- Almost, Nearly.
- Almost or very near.
- I spent virtually all day doing my homework.
- Volume (n.)
- Amount of space for length an height.
- The volume of this glass is 20% water.
- Diminish (v.)
- Reduce in size of importance.
- His feeling diminished after he fail the test.
- Expert (n.)
- A person having high level of knowledge or skills in a particular subject.
- He is an expert at playing soccer games.
- Nevertheless (adj.)
- Despite what was just said.
- ومع ذلك
- She missed her appointment, nevertheless she had another one tomorrow.
- Input (n.)
- Donate, Help.
- Info, money or energy that is put into a system or organization.
- Can I have your input on organizing these things?
- Expansion (n.)
- The increase of something in size, number or importance.
- This book is an expansion of a lecture series.
- Conduct (v.)
- To organize and direct in a particular way.
- I like the way the company conducts business.
- Predict (v.)
- To say that an event or action might happen in the future.
- I predict it will snow this morning.
- Benefits (n.)
- A helpful or good effect.
- There many benefits for this company employees.
- Ultimate (adj.)
- Latest, Important.
- Most important, highest, last or final.
- You will have to pay the ultimate price for the late rent.
- Devote (v.)
- Give, Donate.
- To give your time or effort completely to something you believe in or to a person.
- She devotes her time to take care of her kids.
- Inevitable (adj.)
- Certain to happen.
- لا مفر منه
- The 10 pages final research was inevitable.
- Outcome (n.)
- The result or effect of an action, situation or event.
- There are two possible outcomes for this action.
- Occur (v.)
- Take place, Exist.
- To exist; events that happen.
- There is an annoying sound occurs outside of the room.
- Annually (adj.)
- Happens every year.
- The annual meeting for the company is in June.
- Adjacent (adv.)
- Very near or nothing in between.
- The restaurant is adjacent to my apartment.
- Region (n.)
- A particular area of a state, country or earth surface.
- This region has a lot of friendly people.
- Terminate (v.)
- To end or stop.
- I was terminated from driving my car this week.
- Abandoned (v.)
- To leave behind or give something up.
- That house was abandoned years ago.
- Cite (v.)
- Reference something as proof or as a reason.
- You have to cite what you took from any other references.
- Prohibitive (adj.)
- To restrict something.
- There are many prohibitive laws about waste.
- Minimize (v.)
- To reduce something to the smallest amount.
- Please minimize your trash disposal.