Flashcards in Chapter 17: Think Big and Act Big Deck (18):
True or false? You should think and act big, but NOT spend like you're big.
True or false? You should not use corporate marketers that haven't worked with small budgets.
True or false? You should use new technology and tactics to level the playing field.
What are some ways you can "puff up" your presence?
1. Dominate vertical markets where you have a natural advantage.
2. Startups are better off when selecting markets that have their own network of trade shows and industry publications
3. Attack a market where it is easy to identify and connect with marketing channels.
True or false? A specialist always beats a generalist?
True or false? For many startups, the website is the company.
What are CONNECTORS?
Connectors are people specialists. They have the ability to make friends with diverse groups and maintain acquaintances.
What are MAVENS?
Mavens are information specialists. They connect new businesses to new worlds of ideas and technologies. They have strong communication skills (word-of-mouth).
What are SALESPEOPLE?
Salespeople are natural persuaders (of action).
How do you GET YOUR SWAGGER ON?
Showing great confidence in your ability to follow your passion, take on the status quo, and then crush it.
True or false? Each touch point/interaction should be backed up with a message of quality?
What are the 10 Determinants of Quality?
An effective salesperson is a master at what?
Finding and leveraging touch points.
True or false? People buy from people they like, but most importantly, people they trust.
Benefits of BEING A TRADE SHOW GIANT?
Can be low cost way to grab a lot of attention.
What are the 7 ways to act big?
4. The press--publicity
5. Trade shows
6. Niche market domination
What advantages does David have over Goliath?
1. Goliath can't take certain risks, David can.
2. David can be aggressive, independent and admired for it, Goliath can't.
3. Goliath's success makes them vulnerable