Flashcards in Concepts Deck (21):
What is the philosophy of Alberta curriculum?
To develop the knowledge, skills & attitudes necessary to lead an active and healthy lifestyle
What are the 4 general outcomes of Alberta curriculum?
- Benefits of Health
- Do it Daily
What are the general outcomes - ABCD’s??
- Physical activity key to child development =
Domains of Behaviour
- Positive experiences = active behaviors
What are the 2 points that Alberta Physical Education Competencies target?
●Attitudes, skills and knowledge
●Assist in students development and
application for successful learning, living
What are the 8 Competencies ?
1. Critical Thinking
2. Problem Solving
3. Managing Information
4. Creativity and Innovation
7. Cultural and Global Citizenship
Describe the A general outcome
Students will acquire skills through a variety of developmentally appropriate movement activities
What are the 2 main points in the general outcome A of ABCD's are ..
1) Acquisition of basic skills
2) Application of basic skills
What are the 3 categories involved In the acquisition of basic skills ?
2) Stability Skills
3) Object Manipulation
What does FMS Stand For?
Fundamental movement skills: are the foundational movements, or precursor patterns, to the more specialized and complex skills used in play, games and specific sports.
in the Application of basic skills what are the 5 dimensions in the Alberta Curriculum?
3. Individual activities
5. Alternative environments
What Does Outcome B stand for in ABCD?
Benefits of Health
In outcome B the 3 curriculum organizers include...
1. Functional Fitness
2. Body Image
What Does Outcome C stand for ABCD?
What are the 4 Curriculum organizers for (C) In the ABCD's?
2. Fair play
What Activities enhance Cooperation??
What are some examples of Cooperative Games?
Capture the flag
Paramedic dodge ball
What is Cooperation??
1) Working together in heterogeneous groups
2) A common goal
3) All children feeling individually responsible for their own efforts as well as the efforts of the group
What are the benifits of Cooperative games?
◦ Allow kids to be considerate of others
◦ To be more aware of others feelings
◦ To practice sharing
◦ To play with another person’s interest in mind
What does Cooperative games place Emphasizs on ?
Cooperation and sharing of people to achieve a common goal
What are the Elements of CooperativeGames