begin a journey or trip
1. n. a small cucumber perserved in vinegar, brine or similar solution.
2. n. a difficult or messy situation.
3. v. perserve (food or other persishable items) in vinegar, brine, or a similar solution.
1. the male parent of an animal, especially a stallion or bull kept fro breading
2. a respectful form of address for someone of high social status, especially a king.
1. n. a small sample of fabric intended to demonstrate the look of a larger piece.
2. v. apply a sample of (pain, markup, etc) to a surface or one's skin to test or demonstrate the color.
(of a person or animal) unattractively thin and bony
skinny, thin, lean,
put on (an item of clothing)
In the room, the players donned their football jerseys.
on fire; burning
The whole mill was afire.
1. sit, lean, or fall heavily and limply, especially with a bent back.
She slumped against the cushions.
2. undergo a sudden severe or prolonged fall in price, value, or amount
1. (of a person or animal) make a series of low, feeble sounds expressive of fear, pain, or discontent.
whine, cry, sob, moan, snivel, wail, groan
A child in a bed nearby began to whimper.
2. n. a low, feeble sound expressive of fear or pain.
1. using or expressing dry, expecially mocking, humor
ironic, sardonic, satirical, mocking, saracstic
2. (of a person's face or features) twisted into an expression of disgust, disappointment, or annoyance.
displeased, annoyed, irritated, vexed.
a prong or sharp point, such as that on a fork or antler.
1. break or cause to break suddenly and completely, typically with a sharp cracking sound.
2. suddenly lose one's self-control
1. n. a long narrow trench made in the ground by a plow, especially for planting seeds or for irrigation.
2. v. make a rut, groove, or trail in (the ground or the surface of something.)
Gorges furrowing the deep-see floor.
1. a person's forehead; an eyebrow.
2. the summit of a hill or pass.
A diurnal bird of prey with long pointed wings and a notched beak, typically catching prey by diving on it from above.
a small wood, orchard, or group of trees.
An olive grove.
The natural coloring matter of animal or plant tissue.
a person or animal having a congenital absence of pigment in the skin and hair and the eyes.
an abnormally white annmal or plant.
an ornamental cloth covering hung or held up over something, especially a throne or bed.
A romantic four-poster bed complete with drapes and a canopy.
a container in which incense is burned, typically during a religious ceremony.
the organic component of soil, formed by the decomposition of leaves and other plant material by soil microorganisms.
a very hard, granular, crystalline, igneous rock consisting mainly of quartz, mica, and feldspar and often used as a building stone.
1. n. a family of young animals. especially of a bird, produced at one hatching or birth.
A brood of chicks.
2. v. think deeply about something that makes one unhappy.
He brooded over his need to find a wife.
Meekly is defined as something done mildly, humbly or submissively. When you are embarrassed about your behavior, feeling very humble and you are made to go back in and apologize to a person you insulted, this is an example of when you might apologize meekly.
condemnation to eternal punishment in hell
expressing anger or frustration.
a low protective wall along the edge of a roof, bridge, or balcony.
Marian leaned over the parapet.
displaying a frenetic excitement or energy.
The next couple of weeks were spent in a whirl of feverish activity.
a title or form of address given to scholars, especially those qualified to teach in medieval university.
1 .n. an unexpected or hidden obstacle or drawback
The snag is that this might affect inflation.
2. n. a sharp, angular, or jagged projection.
3. v. catch or tear (something) on a projection.
Thorns snagged his sweater.
of a pale pinkish-violet color.
An infestation is an invasion of insects on a place like a house or an attack by insects on a plant. If you're scared of bugs, you're not going to like learning about an infestation, which is a huge amount of insects going where they're not supposed to be.
move or cause to move at a great speed, typically in a wildly uncontrolled manner.
A runaway car hurtled toward them.
(especially of materials with a high melting point, such as metal and glass) liquefied by heat.
liquefied, liquid, melted, flowing.
a jeweled ornamental band worn on the front of a woman's hair.
1. v. press against (something) lightly with a piece of absorbent material in order to clean or dry it.
he dabbed his mouth with his napkin.
2. v. apple (a substance) with light quick strokes.
She dabbed disinfectant on the cut.
stand, move, or sit in a lazy, drooping way.
(with reference to a horse or other quadruped) proceed or cause to proceed at a pace faster than a walk, lifting each diagonal pair of legs alrternately.
The horses trotted slowly through the night.
a pimply state of the skin with the hairs erect, produced by cold or fright.