Flashcards in Engine Deck (13):
The engine control system consists of what?
2. Thrust lever
4. N1 Sensor
How many FADEC channels?
2 - standby channel simultaneously processes all the same data and is always ready to take control of the engine in case the active channel fails
How is FADEC powered?
• >50% - (PMA) Permanent Magnet Alternator
• <50% - aircraft electrical system (AC STBY)
When does ATTCS command RSV power?
1. >15% N1 difference between engines
2. 1 eng failure during TO
3. 1 eng failure during Go-Around
4. Windshear detection
FADEC provides engine start protection on the ground for?
1. Hot - 815ºC ITT max
3. No light off
Does FADEC provide any inflight protections?
- Overspeed: whenever N2 reaches 102% FADEC auto commands an engine shutdown.
-In the event of 3 consecutive overspeeds within 30 seconds FADEC will NOT relight
What is the N1 target value restriction?
- Verify EICAS N1 with TO Data N1 target value
- Target must not be below MT, and no more than .5% greater.
- Reduce/ adjust flex temp as necessary to achieve this restriction
- rerun performance number with current OAT either through ACARS or contact dispatch if necessary to achieve
- DO NOT takeoff with reduced TO performance
With no ENGINE EXCEEDANCE EICAS messages, how many additional starting attempts are we allowed?
Why do we not want to start an engine with a high thrust setting?
Could cause hot start
FACED auto switches from the 10th stage bleed to the 6th stage bleed during times of high energy demand:
TO/CLM = 6th - Low Pressure
Descent/APP = 10th - High Pressure
** Low Pressure during engine start**
What kind of engines?
• 2 x GE CF34-8E5
• High Bypass
• Dual Rotor Turbofan
• Controlled via dual channel FADEC
Whats MAX thrust setting we can achieve?
• T/O-1 RSV, GA RSV = 14,200lbs thrust
What are the different Thrust rating modes?
1. T/O-1/2: selected for TO in MCDU
- Ldg retracted
- ant vertical change mode
- level at preselected ALT for 90 secs
- airspeed w/in 5kts (.1M) from preselected
- Auto if engine fails at or above 3000 AGL
- Manually selected in MCDU TRS menu
- flaps > 0 and gear down
- From CRZ,CON, or CLB and TOGA pressed