Flashcards in Final Review Ch.6 Deck (15):
What is the MODEL OF CONSUMER BEHAVIOR?
1. Stimuli (Environment)
2. Person (Buyer's Black Box - Characteristics, decision process)
3. Response (Buying attitudes, preferences, purchase)
What are the 3 ways to DISRUPT HABITUAL BUYING?
1. Disrupt habitual buying with technology (make new)
2. Disrupt habitual buying with product sampling
3. Disrupt habitual buying with advertising
What is the CONSUMER BEHAVIOR PROCESS?
1. Problem Recognition (current vs desired state)
2. Information Search (internal & external search)
3. Evaluation of Alternatives (elimination by aspect, compensatory rule [compensating attributes], lexicographic rule [attributes by importance])
5. Post-Purchase Evaluation
What are the 4 FACTORS INFLUENCING CONSUMER BEHAVIOR?
1. Cultural factors (class, culture)
2. Social factors (family, opinion leaders, reference groups)
3. Psychological factors (motivation, attitudes, perception)
4. Individual factors (gender, age)
What are BUYERS (the buying center)?
Purchasing agents that write contracts, push for lower costs, ensure terms of the contract are honored.
What are USERS (the buying center)?
Individuals who actually use or work with the product or service.
What are GATEKEEPERS (the buying center)?
Influence the buying decision by controlling the flow of information between the selling firm and the buying firm.
What are DECIDERS (the buying center)?
May or may not use the product, but decide which product to buy.
What are INFLUENCERS (the buying center)?
Share knowledge and expertise to provide information for evaluating products and services.
What are the 3 levels of problem solving?
1. Routine (low involvement)
3. Extensive (high involvement)
What is the MULTI-ATTRIBUTE ATTITUDE MODEL?
Summation of (attribute rating X product rating for each attribute)
What is important to know about SUBLIMINAL ADVERTISING?
1. No empirical evidence that it is used
2. Little relevance for marketers
3. People want to believe in it because of dissonance
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
1. Physiological needs (hunger, thirst)
2. Safety needs (security)
3. Social needs (belonging, love)
4. Esteem needs (recognition, status)
5. Self-actualization needs (self-development and realization)
True or false? Learning is the result of information and experience that affects a person's thought process and/or behavior?