Flashcards in Finals Deck (13):
Two factors that affect the rate of dissolving for a gas solute are...
Temperature and agitation
For a gas solute, when temperature goes up, solubility...
Goes up too. What temp does, solubility does
For a gas solute, when pressure increase, solubility...
Three factors that affect the rat of doc cooking for a solid solute are...
Agitation, surface area, and temperature
When temperature, surface area, or agitation increases, solubility...
What is a neutral substance?
What is an acidic substance?
HCL, citrus acid
What is a basic substance?
NaOH, baking soda
What are the equations for pH? FINISH
Rules for naming ionic compounds:
1. For binary compounds, change ending to "ide"
2. Put transition metal's charge in Roman numerals
3. Polyatomic ion endings: Ate-ic Ite-ious
Kinetic molecular theory of gas
Describes motion of particles:
1. Gas molecules are in constant random motion
2. Gas molecules are separated by large distances
3. Gas molecules do not attract or repel one another
4. Made of molecules that have mass
5. Molecules undergo elastic collisions
1. Boyle: p1v1=p2v2
2. Charles: v1/t1=v2/t2
3. Gay lussac: p1/t1=p2/t2