Flashcards in Fire Protection Deck (16):
Each engine has?
- 2 loop system
- FDU detection unit
- 2 Halon Bottles for each engine
To detect a fire?
- Both loops have to detect to get a warning.
- One loop fail will not give a warning.
APU fire system?
- Has its 2 loop system
- 1 Halon bottle
- Dual loop system with smoke detection instead of heat
Cargo smoke detection locations?
- Forward cargo 1 smoke detector
- AFT compartment 2 smoke detectors (321 aft 3)
Cargo compartments have how many bottles?
- 1 Halon for both compartments. (no backup)
Cargo loops send signal to?
- CIDS (cabin intercommunication data system) 2 channels
- Detection but no fire extinguishing ability
LAV fire protection?
- Smoke detection linked to CIDS (cabin intercommunication data system) 2 channels located in ventilation duct in each LAV, detection provided in cockpit and cabin
- Waist bin has fire extinguishing but no warning provided (has melting capsules)
Fire push button will extend?
- 3/4 of an inch
Fire push button does?
- Silences the aural warning
- Arms both bottles squibs
- Closes the HYD fire shut off valve
- Closes the low pressure fuel valve
- Closes the pack flow control valve
- Closes engine bleed valve
- Cuts off the FADEC power
Pushing Cargo DISCH button will illuminate after?
- 60 second (indicates agent bottle has fully discharged)
Testing APU fire system batteries only?
- You just get to see the light come on.
Testing APU fire system with AC power?
- You will get oral warning and lights
With APU running testing the system will it shut APU down?