Flashcards in Flight controls Deck (34):
How many flight control Laws are their?
- 4 total
- Normal Law
- Alternate Law
- Direct Law
- Mechanical Law
What does the side stick command?
- Commands a roll rate in bank and G load in pitch know as load factor
If side stick is malfunctioning how can you transfer control?
- Push red button on stick for 40 seconds will transfer to the other side control
If a side sick is deactivated what do you lose?
- Auto pilot cannot be activated
What happens if Slats or Flaps move out of sequence?
- SFCC's (Slat flap control computers) command WTB (wing tip brake) which you could see S-Lock or F-lock
When would you see A-Lock?
SFCC's will prevent slat retraction at high angles of attack and slow speeds
How many spoilers per wing?
- 5 spoilers panels per wing
- 10 total
What are spoilers used for?
- Speed brakes
- Ground (landing)
Which spoilers are used for speed brakes?
- 2,3 and 4
Where can you see the panels in the cockpit?
- Panel are displayed on Wheel page, F/CTL page
When can speed brakes not be deployed?
- In FULL configuration
When is 1/2 speed brakes only allowed?
- A320 will only allow 1/2 speed brakes when AP is engaged (A319,A321 Allow full regardless of AP)
When will Speed Brakes auto retract or be inhibited?
- If thrust levers are above MCT
- Flaps are FULL
- In certain high angles of attack
- If a certain flight control computer malfunctions
When will ground spoilers Deploy?
- Spoilers armed
- 72 knots or greater, thrust idle
- Landing when both main gear down thrust at idle
- Not armed
- 72 knots or greater, reverse thrust at least one engine
- Landing both main gear and reverse thrust
-One main landing gear parcial deployment
How many flight control computers?
- 7 total
- ELAC 1,2
- SEC 1,2,3
- FAC 1,2
What does ELACs control?
- Elevator, Aileron, Trimmable Horizontal Stabilizer (THE)
What does SECs control?
- Spoilers, backup Elevator
What does FACs control?
- Rudder, characteristic speed, aircraft weight calculations, windshear warning
What happens if the SFCC loses a channel?
- Slats/Flaps would move at 1/2 speed
What flight control has manual backup?
- Rudder (cables to control the jacks)
Position indicators (aileron and elevator) will be Amber when?
- 2 hydraulic systems have failed.
Pitch trim in the green is?
- 2 degrees down and 14 degrees up
When will flaps automatically retract?
- At 210 knots (slats will not move, have to more lever)
What happens if you try to move flap lever before S bug?
- A- Lock will appear and will not allow the slats/flaps move
When is automatic picture trim available?
- It is available up to 33 degrees of bank or less
When is Flight Director removed?
- With 25 degrees up and 15 degrees down
What is ALPHA?
- Angle of attack
Flight control protections are?
- Pitch 30 degrees up and 15 degrees down
- G load max clean 2.5, -1.0 dirty 2.0, 0.0
- High speed Vmo/Mmo
- Angle of attack (ALPHA)
Full defection commands?
- A roll 15 degrees per second
What would cause Alternate Law?
- More than two flight control computer would have to fail
- Multiple hydraulic system failures
- Multiple ADIRU failure
What 3 modes do the servos have?
- Active (moving control surface)
- Damping (Surface movement)
- Centering (neutral position)
What would cause Direct Law to happen?
- Dual RA (radio altimeter) failure
When you press the DITCHING pb a signal is sent to close?
- C argo isolation valves
- A vionics inlet and extract vales
- R am air inlet
- P ack flow control valves
- 0 utflow valve (only if in auto mode)