Flashcards in FTZ Deck (6)
Designated area within a country where foreign companies (often TNCs) can import (raw) materials, manufacture goods, export products
without limitations imposed by usual rules and taxes
Reduction of customs requirements, environmental protection & other bureaucracy.
- The elimination of trade barriers
- Promoted by International institutions (e.g. World Bank)
- Heavily promoted by US foreign policy in relations with South Americas and parts of Asia.
- equipment and resources enter Mexico duty-free
- exported at lower tariffs
- Attract foreign investment
competitive, greater savings and profits USA