Flashcards in Fuel System Deck (36):
How much fuel does A320, A319 hold?
- 41,285 pounds
How much fuel does A321 hold?
- 41,015 pounds
How much fuel does A320 Sharkfins hold?
- 41,210 pounds
How much fuel does A321 Sharkfins hold?
- 41,010 pounds
How much fuel does A320 NEO hold?
- 41,054 pounds
How many tanks does the Airbus have?
- 7 total tanks
- Center tank
- Inner tanks
- Outer tanks
- Surge tanks
Does the Airbus have fuel dumping capability?
Can fuel be transferred from one tank to another tank inflight?
- No, fuel can't be transferred from tank to tank.
Were does the APU get fuel?
- Fuel comes from the left inner wing tank.
When will suction valves open?
- If both inner tank pumps fail suction valves will open automatically. (can't be controlled)
What is fuel used for other than running engines?
- Fuel is used to cool oil in IDG
How much fuel does center tank hold on A320?
- 14,281 pounds
How much fuel does the Inner tanks hold on A320?
- 11,982 pounds each
How much fuel does outer tanks hold A320?
- 1,520 pounds each
How many fuel pumps are on the Airbus A320?
- 7 total pumps
How much fuel is total in each wing on A320?
- 13,502 pounds each side
What is fuel density weight based on?
- 6.551 pounds per gal
What does the FQI computer do?
- Provides fuel density
- Fuel level
- Fuel temperature
(each computer has 2 channels 1 is primary)
How many batteries needed for refueling?
- Only 1 battery for refueling
How long does it take to completely fuel wings?
- Approximately 17 minutes
How long does it take to completely fuel all tanks?
- Approximately 20 minutes
Which tanks are filled first?
- Outer tanks are filled first, fuel then overflows into the inner wing tanks through spill valves.
What happens when fuel reaches selected amount?
- Refuel valves close automatically
At what point will fuel go into the center tank?
- Any fuel amount greater than 27,004 pounds fuel will then go into the center tank.
What fuel is burned first?
- Fuel in the center tank is burned first before wings.
What happens when fuel in the center tank is empty?
- The two fuel pumps will automatically shut off.
When are times the center fuel pumps will turn off?
- Center pumps will deactivate if Slats are extended or 5 minutes after center tank detected low.
What happens if wings are full of fuel and IDG fuel is returning from IDG?
- The center tank pumps stop and fuel will come from the inner tanks
Where does the fuel go after cooling IDG?
- Fuel goes to the outer tank
When does fuel not come from the center tank?
- During takeoff and landing
When do outer tanks transfer fuel to the Inner tanks?
- When Inner tanks reach 3,300 pounds, transfer valve opens.
What is the approximate pounds per hour the plane burns?
- 6,000 pounds per hour
What does amber dashes over last two digits on fuel quantity?
- Means indicator computer is operating in a degraded mode
How much usable fuel in the A321?
- 41,000 pounds
On A321 how does fuel come out of center tank?
- Transfer valves and jet pumps move fuel to inner tanks.