Flashcards in Haematuria Deck (5)
what is haematuria?
- blood in urien
- can be visible (macroscopic or gross)
- non visible (microscopic or dipstick)
- presents as painful, palpable mass with haematuria
what are the causes of haematuria?
- Medical (nephritis syndrome)
- Trauma (kidney/bladder trauma)
what is the emergency management?
- resuscitate with transfusion if needed
- insert 3 way catheter
- history and exam
- bloods (clotting, KUB)
what are the investigations to do?
- FBC, U&E
- MSU, MCS
- urine cytology (to exclude infection)
- US, KUB
- flexible cystoscopy (discern between muscle invasive and non invasive)