Flashcards in Hydraulics Deck (20):
How many hydraulic system in the Airbus?
- 3 Independent systems, with own reservoir
How do they hydraulic system prevent pump cavitation?
- Reservoirs are automatically pressurized by pneumatic system with HP air from ENG 1
Green hydraulic system runs off?
- Engine 1
Yellow hydraulic system runs off?
- Engine 2
Backup source for lower pressure in Green system?
- PTU (power transfer unite) Yellow system helps PTU us Green system
Yellow system has how many valves?
- 5 valves
What is the yellow system used for?
- Cargo doors
What system has a backup electrical pump?
- Yellow system (can be controlled in cockpit)
If Yellow system fails how can you open cargo doors?
- Hand pump on side of fuselage
What is Blue system primary source of power?
- Electrical pump, comes on automatically when first engine starts.
What system does the RAT power?
- Blue system
Does amber indication on the PTU mean it has failed?
- No, it could just be tuned off
Will eclectic pump on yellow system pressurize the entire system?
- No, only pressurizes apportion of the yellow system.
When will pressure go to Amber?
- When pressure drops below 1450 PSI
Will the RAT deploy if 2 hydraulic systems have failed?
- No, only will automatically deploy if a total loss of AC power. Must manually deploy.
When is PTU activated?
- After second engine is started
When would you delay a second engine start?
- If cargo door has not been closed a fault could occur and have to perform a reset procedure. (wait 1 minute after cargo door is closed.)
What are the 3 types of hydraulic reservoir problems?
- Low level
- Low air pressure
- Over heat
Hydraulic PTU pump FAULT light?
- O verheat
- L ow reservoir quantity
- L ow reservoir air pressure