Flashcards in Inspector Goole Deck (10):
"He's giving us the rope ...
... so that we'll hang our selves"
"We are ...
... members of one body. We are responsible for eachother"
"If men will not learn that lesson, then ...
... they will be taught it in fire and blood and anguish"
What is the Inspector's contextual purpose?
• he is the voice of change within society
-collectivist= believes we're all the same
-socialist= shows the veiws of Priestley
"There are ...
... millions and millions and millions of Eva Smiths and John Smiths"
"Better to ...
... ask for the earth than to take it"
What are the Inspector's political veiws?
- socialist = people shouldn't be profitting from what people need
- the bourgeoisie exploit the proletariat
- society needs to be more equal
"(An impression ...
... of massiveness, solidity and purposefulness)"
How is the Inspector portrayed?
- a man of authority
- trustworthy and respected