Flashcards in IS3440 CHAP 15 BEST PRACTICES AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES Deck (21):
COMMAND ____ is a command being developed to replace COMMAND iptables as a firewall configuration tool.
___ is a Digital Rights Management (DRM) scheme used to encrypt commercial DVDs.
(CSS) Content Scramble System
___ is a storage system connected directly to one or more computer systems using cables; unlike NAS, these systems do not use network protocols to share data.
(DAS) Direct attached storage
___ is a US copyright law associated with digital intellectual property. Controversial in part because of fears of prosecution by researchers looking for better forms of encryption. One intent is to prevent the decryption of systems encoded withDRM schemes.
(DMCA) Digital Millennium Copyright Act
___ is a proprietary video-compression standard licensed by Canonical for use in the Lucid Lynx release of Ubuntu.
___ is a storage system connected to a network, normally using file-sharing protocols such as NFS and Samba.
(NAS) Network attached storage
___ is a storage system that may consist of one or more NAS or DAS systems.
(SAN) Storage area network
___ is a system for version control frequently used on many open source projects, including nap.
___ is the main developer behind the Minix distribution, one of the first clones of UNIX. A proponent of a micro kernel, in opposition to Torvalds' use of a modular kernel.
1. Which of the following databases should be updated whenever a gold baseline system is updated with new packages?
2. The total RAM requirements of virtual guests can exceed what is available from the virtual host.
TRUE OR FALSE
3. Which command can you use to duplicate a partition by its device file name?
4. Which of the following services is frequently cited as inappropriate for configuration in a virtual guest machine?
5. Which of the following features of a virtual host supports resource sharing among virtual guest?
1. Nulti-core CPUs
2. Virtual machine
6. Which of the following companies provides specific support for the Linux desktop?
3. Red Hat
7. The OSSTMM methodology is customized for security audits on Linux networks.
TRUE OR FALSE
8. What file numbest be modified on an Ubuntu system before running a distribution upgrade? Include the full path to the file.
9. which of the following distributions normally provides security updates for the longest period of time?
3. Ubuntu LTS
10. Which of the following software components is NOT open source?
11. Which of the following COMMANDS can provide more information about a package named gimp?
1. apt - cache show gimp
2. apt - cache info gimp
3. apt - cache search gimp
4. apt - cache help gimp
apt - cache show gimp