Flashcards in Landing gear and Brakes Deck (19):
What controls the landing gear?
- 2 LGCIUs (Landing gear control and interface units)
What controls the braking system?
- 1 two channel BSCU (Brake steering control unit)
- 1 ABCU (Alternate braking control unit)
How is the landing gear powered?
- Electrically powered and hydraulically operated
Alternative gear extension?
- Gravity extension
What hydraulic system is used by the landing gear?
- Green system
To prevent landing gear extention?
- Safety valves automatically isolate the green system above 260 knots
How many modes of baking are their?
- Alternate braking with Anti-skid
- Alternate braking without Anti-skid
- Accumulator only braking
- Parking brake
When will brake temperature be Amber?
- When brake temperature is 300 degrees or more
When is Max braking used?
- Only used for takeoff only, NOT landing
Where does the parking brake get its pressure?
- Yellow system
If you do not have Anti-skid available?
- Braking should not exceed 1000 PSI
- System will automatically degrade with no Anti-skid
What is the limit of the hand wheel?
- 75 degrees
Max angle you can turn with pedal?
- 6 degrees
At what speed is steering not used?
- 140 knots
What do brakes LOW do?
- Progressive pressure to brakes 4 seconds after spoilers extend, target deceleration is 1.7 meter/sec
What do bakes MED do?
- Progressive pressure to brakes 2 seconds after spoilers extend, target deceleration is 3 meters/ sec
Below 15,000 feet what page is automatically displayed?
- Wheel page
When does DECEL light come on?
- When aircraft decelerates is at least 80% of target