Flashcards in Level 3 Med list Deck (6)
Morphine- Indications and action
Severe pain, pulmonary edema, and pain associated with MI. Binds to receptors in the CNS and alters the response to pain.
Use cautiously: Head trama, ICP, Severe renal and hepatic or pulmonary disease.
Morphine- Patient teaching (6)
1. do not administer when patient is sleeping,
2. call for assistance when ambulating
3. Change position slowly to avoid postural hypotention.
4. Avoid use of alcohol and other CNS depressants.
5. Turn cough and deep breathing
6. Constipation prevention
Hydrocodone/APAP- Indications and Action
Moderate to severe pain. Binds to opiate receptors in the CNS and alter the response to painful stimuli. Suppress cough.
Use cautiously: Head trama, ICP, Severe renal and hepatic or pulmonary disease, and cardiac disease.