Flashcards in Limitations Deck (89):
Flight Maneuvering Load Acceleration Limits
Clean configuration. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -1.0g to +2.5g
• Slats and flaps extended . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0g to +2.0g
• Slats extended and flaps retracted . . . . . . . . 0g to +2.0g
Maximum Certified Altitude
Nominal Runway Width
45 m (148 ft)
Maximum demonstrated crosswind at landing
38 kt (gust included)
Maximum tailwind for takeoff
Maximum tailwind for landing
Maximum wind for passenger door operation
Maximum certified crosswind for takeoff NEO
35 kt (gust included)
Max with landing gear extended (VLE)
Max landing gear extension (VLO Extension)
Max landing gear retraction (VLO Retraction)
Maximum Tire Speed
Ground speed. . . 195 kt
Windshield Wipers In Use
Max speed . . . . . . . 230 kt
Cockpit Window Open
Max speed. . . . 200 kt
Airflow supplied by the ground cart shall not exceed
Max positive differential pressure
Max negative differential pressure
Safety relief valve setting
Minimum Height For Use Of Autopilot
- After take/off with SRS mode 100 ft AGL
- Straight-in non-precision approach Applicable Minimum
- Circling Approach
- Applicable Circling Minimums - 100 ft.
- ILS approach when CAT 2 or CAT 3 is not displayed on the FMA 160 ft AGL
- Go-Around (AP or FD engagement) 100 ft AGL
- All other phases 500 ft AGL (A319/A320) 900 ft AGL (A321)
- Use of the AP or FD in OPEN DES or DES mode is not permitted in approach, unless the FCU altitude is set at or above: Highest of: Minimum or 500 ft (A319/A320) Minimum or 900 ft (A32
Takeoff with SRS mode
An internal FMGS logic prevents the autopilot from engaging during the 5 seconds after liftoff.
NAV mode may be used in the terminal area, provided:
- GPS PRIMARY is available, or
- HIGH accuracy is displayed, and the appropriate RNP is
checked or entered on the MCDU, or
- FMS navigation is cross-checked with NAVAID raw data.
Minimum decision height CATII
CATIII Minimum Runway Visual Range
MAX continuous load per generator
100% (90 KVA)
MAX continuous load per TR (continuous)
Max operating altitude with slats and/or flaps extended is
The minimum fuel quantity for takeoff is
3307 lb and the WING TK LO LVL warning must not be displayed on the ECAM.
Tanks must be emptied in the following order:
Center tank then wing tanks. T/O on center tank prohibited
Hydraulic system normal operating pressure
3,000 PSI ± 200
Maximum brake temperature for takeoff (brake fans (if installed) off)
The nosewheel steering angle is limited to
75° when using the handwheels
For towing and pushback, the nosewheel steering angle is limited to
Towbarless towing and pushback on the nose landing gear is approved for the “accepted towbarless towing vehicles,” but the nosewheel steering angle must be limited to
After 3 starter motor duty cycles, wait 60 min before attempting 3 more cycles.
APU Rotor Speed
Maximum N (ECAM display) . . . . . . . . . . . . . 107 %
The APU automatically shuts down at
107 % N speed
Engine oil temperature minimum prior to exceeding idle
Engine oil temperature minimum prior to takeoff
Engine oil maximum continuous temperature
Engine oil maximum transient temperature (15 min)
Minimum Engine oil starting temperature
Engine oil minimum Oil Quantity V2500, PW1100G
- 11 quarts, (average estimated consumption
~ 0.3 qt./h)
- (PW1100G) 14 quarts
Engine minimum Oil Pressure
60 PSI / 65 PSI (N901NK THRU N905NK)
Engine maximum oil pressure
Starter limitations (N502NK THRU N672NK)
- 3 consecutive cycles: 2 cycles of 2 minutes each, followed by a 3rd cycle of 1 min.
- Pause between start attempts: 15 s.
- Cooling period, following 3 start attempts or 4 min of continuous cranking: 30 min.
- No running engagement of the starter, when N2 is above 10% on ground, or 18 % in flight.
Starter limitations (N901NK THRU N905NK)
- 3 consecutive start attempts, 35 s between each cycle.
- After 3 cycles, or after 15 min of continuous or cumulative cranking: A 15 min cooling period is necessary before a new start motoring cycle is attempted.
- No running engagement of the starter, when N2 is above 20 %.
Reverse Thrust limitations
- Maximum reverse should not be used below 70 kt (or when the airspeed indication starts to fluctuate). Idle reverse is permitted down to aircraft stop.
Takeoff at reduced thrust is not permitted on contaminated runways.
Crosswind Operation on Ground engine start
This engine is capable of starting in crosswinds up to 35 kt.
Crosswind Takeoff max CEO
38 kt (gust included)
A319, A320 Wingspans
- Wing 111'10
A320, A321 Sharklet dementions
- Wing 117'5 Difference
How man seats A320/A320 Shark Fins/A320 Neo
- NEO 182
How man seats A319
How man seats A321
How man seats A321 Shark Fins
Max landing weight A320/A320 shark fins
Max landing weight A319
Max landing weight A321/A21 shark fins
Max landing weight A320 Neo
Max Taxi Speed
- 167,550 lbs 20 KTS in a turn
Air Conditioning with LP Ground unit?
- Do not use conditioned air simultanously from PACKS and LP ground unit (to avoid chattering of non-return values)
APU with HP ground unit?
- Do not use HP ground unit when the APU supplies bleed air to avoid bleed system damage.
Max tail wind for CAT II, III?
- 5 knots (surface winds)
Max head wind for CAT II,III?
- 15 knots (surface winds)
Max fuel imbalance takeoff (A320-s, A320-NEO) (Outer tanks balanced)?
- Inner tanks: Heavier tank full 1,102
Max fuel imbalance in flight for landing? (A320-S, A320-NEO) (Outer tanks balanced)?
- Inner tanks: Heavier tank full 3,306
Max fuel imbalance landing (wing tanks) A321?
- Inner tanks: heavier tank full 2,910
Max fuel imbalance takeoff (wing tanks) A321-S?
- Inner tanks heavier tank full 882
For JET A only, if TAT reaches _______, monitor on FUEL SD page that fuel temperature remains higher than _______.
-34 C/-36 C
Max Altitude for APU Start (on A/C power) and Operation
EGT Limit for Starting (CEO)
EGT Limit for Starting (A320-NEO)
EGT Limit for TOGA (A319/A320-CEO)
635 C (5 min/10 min in case of engine failure)
EGT Limit for TOGA (A321)
650 C (5 min/10 min in case of engine failure)
EGT Limit for TOGA (NEO)
1083 C (5 min/10 min in case of engine failure)
EGT Limit for MCT (CEO)
EGT Limit for MCT (NEO)
Max Reverse Thrust should not be used below:
Max reverse should not be used when (A319/A320):
Airspeed indication starts to fluctuate.
Reduced thrust takeoff is not permitted:
On contaminated runways.
Tailstrike Pitch Attitude A319 L/G Struts Compressed?
Tailstrike Pitch Attitude A320 L/G Struts Compressed?
Tailstrike Pitch Attitude A320 NEO L/G Struts Compressed?
Tailstrike Pitch Attitude A321 L/G Struts Compressed?
Max airport elevation for Cat II or Cat III Conf full or 3