Flashcards in M 14 Study Deck (31):
Jesus Anointed at Bethany
Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him.
Jesus Before the Sanhedrin
Peter Disowns Jesus
Then everyone deserted him and fled.
What would be better for the man who betrays the Son of Man?
M 14:21 It would be better for him if he had not been born.
It could have been sold for more than a year's wages and the money given to the poor." And they rebuked her harshly.
"Truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "today-yes, tonight-before the rooster crows twice you yourself will disown me three times."
3. Judas Iscariot
4. Peter (Simon)
Jesus Predicts Peter's Denial
He will show you a large room upstairs, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there."
Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?"
Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, "Rabbi!" and kissed him.
1. Why this waste of perfume?
2. Why are you bothering her?
3. Where do you want us to go and make preparations for you to eat the Passover?
4. Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?
5. Surely you don't mean me?
6. Simon, are you asleep?
7. Couldn't you keep watch for one hour?
8. Are you still sleeping and resting?
9. Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me?
10. Are you not going to answer?
11. What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?
12. Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?
13. Why do we need any more witnesses?
14. What do you think?
Who beat Jesus?
M 14:65 the guards
Now the Passover and the Festival of Unleavened Bread were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were scheming to arrest Jesus secretly and kill him.
Again he denied it. After a little while, those standing near said to Peter, "Surely you are one of them, for you are a Galilean."
2. Mount of Olives
Then Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went to the chief priests to betray Jesus to them.
"It is one of the Twelve," he replied, "one who dips bread into the bowl with me.
The Last Supper
1. I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.
The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death, but they did not find any.
What was sacrificed customarily?
M 14:12 when it was customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb,
When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. They did not know what to say to him.
Then some began to spit at him; they blindfolded him, struck him with their fists, and said, "Prophesy!" And the guards took him and beat him.
1. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man!
4. Let us go!
5. Here comes my betrayer!
"Truly I tell you, I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."