Flashcards in May Deck (22):
1. What are the names of the particles located inside the atom?
Proton, neutron and electron
Two positive charges will repel each other.
A positive and a negative charge will attract each other.
Protons have a negative charge.
5. __________ exists around a charged object.
Objects can become charged.
7. _______________ is the continuous flow of electrons through a material.
A conductor is a material through which charge can flow _______________
Rubber, glass, sand, plastic, and wood are good insulators because..
They stop the flow of electrons.
The prefix m means
The prefix μ means
The charge of the electron is
13. If you want to know the charge passing through an area and you're given the number of electrons
You multiply the number of electrons times the charge of electrons.
The protons and neutrons are located in the nucleus of an atom.
An object is considered to have neutral charge when...
When it has the same amount of protons and electrons
The electric force is..
The force that causes charges to attract or repel
17. The amount of charge and the distance between the charges determines the..
Electric field's strength
Units for charge
19. Units for the Coulomb's constant
Nm al cuadrado/ c al cuadrado
20. Units for Voltage, or potential difference
Units for electrical current