Flashcards in Planes (Daves notes) Deck (4)
What are three anatomical landmarks for identifying the transpyloric plane?
- Bisects the body between the jugular notch and pubic symphysis
- Midway between the xiphisternum and umbilicus
- Costal margin at the tip of the ninth costal cartilage and lateral border of rectus abdominus
What nine intraabdominal organs or parts thereof occur at the transpyloric plane?
- Fundus of the gall bladder
- Body of stomach
- Head, neck, and body of pancreas
- SMA leaves the aorta
- Splenic vein runs transversely behind the pancreas
- Lower border of L1
- Conus medullaris of spinal cord
What are the colic compartments relations to the transpyloric plane?
The supra colic compartment lies above the plane, the infra colic compartment lies below the plane.
Name five other anatomical planes
Subcostal, intertubercular, interspinous, lateral rectus and mid-inguinal planes.