Flashcards in Pre-1900 Poetry Deck (18):
A song (absent from thee)
John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester
Who writes ‘whoso list to hunt’
Who writes ‘sonnet 116’
Who writes ‘The Flea’
Who writes ‘to his coy mistress’
Who writes ‘The Scrutiny’
Who writes ‘The garden of love’
Who writes ‘ae fond kiss’
Who writes ‘she walks in beauty’
Who writes ‘remember’
Who writes ‘the ruined maid’
Who writes ‘at an inn’
Who writes ‘la belle dame sans merci’
Who wrote during the Renaissance period ?
- Thomas Wyatt (Whoso List to Hunt)
- John Donne (The Flea)
- Shakespear (Sonnet 116)
Who wrote during the Cavelier/restoration period ?
- Richard Lovelace (The Scrutiny)
- Andrew Marvell (To His Coy’s Mistress)
Who wrote during The Romantic period?
- John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester (A song, Absent from thee)
- Robert Burns (Ae fond kiss)
- William Blake (The Garden of Love)
- John Keats (La Belle Dame Sans Merci)
Who wrote during the victorian era?
- Lord Byron (She walks in beauty)
- Christina Rosetti (Remember)