Flashcards in Public Relation and the Law Deck (4)
Knowledge of the law
-protection of a creative work from unauthorized use.
-It does NOT protect ideas, only the specific way in which those ideas are expressed.
1. Single subscription newsletters cannot be copied
2. Duplicate of photos illegal
3. $$ to use pic
Word, symbol, slogan
ex: Nikey sign, MacD.
**Always capitalized n NEVER NOUNS **ALWAYS ADJECTIVES***
-Difficult to find a trademark not already in use.
- use of a lot of "sound alike" or "look alike"
-permission n licensing fee required$$
1. traditional printed falsehood
2. Actual $$$ loss
3. False statement through print, broadcast, or electronic means
**basically dont tell truth, it hinders rep**
ex: employee fired for sexual harrassment. "just say he left for personal matters)
(SO DONT SEND OUT NEWS RELEASE THAT MAKE FALSE STATEMENTS OR INJURE SOMEONE'S REP, AND COUNSEL YOUR ORG OFFICIALS NOT TO MAKE LIBELIOUS ACCUSATIONS DURING MEDIA INTERVIEW