Flashcards in Review Deck (44):
If the battery fails what happens to OBOGS?
OBOGS will be inoperative
Generator needs how many volt to charge?
What are the IFR climbout rules?
140 KIAS, 400' AGL
Do not break from initial under the following conditions:
1. With a straight-in between 5 and 2 miles. Dual crews may request to break in this situation to facilitate pattern break-out training.
2. With an aircraft between “Report High Key” and “Low Key.”
3. With an aircraft orbiting High key.
4. When directed to carry straight through.
5. When unable to maintain spacing with aircraft already established on high, closed, low closed, or inside downwind.
Do not request/pull up for a closed:
1. With an aircraft between “Report High Key” and “Low Key.”
2. With a straight-in between 5 and 2 miles.
3. With an aircraft on initial that has not begun the break.
4. When the previous traffic on closed downwind is a conflict and/or your aircraft is not abeam/past the active RSU.
Cords on tire, Local
• Nose Gear - none
• Main Gear - no red
Cords on tire, Cross-Country
• Nose Gear - none
• Main Gear - no more than 2 chords showing
Cords on tire, Out-And-Back
• Nose Gear - none
• Main Gear - no more than 3 chords showing
What is a restricted low approach
Do not descend below 500’ AGL
Min. alt. for OCF?
Spins must stop above
10.000' pressure alt.
Are ELPs allowed during restricted pattern status?
Yes, ELP patterns to low key are allowed, provided VFR cloud clerance (500' cloud clearance)
What is restricted pattern?
Ceiling 1900' up to but not including 2500'
Min. Vis is 3 miles
Weather precludes normal traffic pattern
Max aircraft in pattern during restricted pattern?
Battery min. VDC for start?
• 23.5 Dash 1
• 24.0 local
Normally, the PMU is powered by the?
At home station can you perform rolling takeoff 15min before sunrise?
If the red GEN light illuminates, what is automatically shed
You should fly inside downwind at 140KIAS
False. Min. 120 KIAS
Emergency hydraulic pressure light means illuminates when?
Below 2400 +/-150 PSI
Accomplish G-awareness exercise, when?
When sortie will have 3Gs or more
AGSM demonstration is flown at what G-levels?
At gradually increasing G-loads. Starting at 2 G increasing to 4.
AGSM cycle duration and number of breaths?
10 to 15; 4-5 breathing cycles
G-Awareness exercise, airspeed, G-loads and nosetrack?
4 Gs (4-5Gs for advanced aero)
Slightly descending turn to keep nose within 10 degrees of the horizon
Dual aircraft bingo fuel in different areas?
Area 1,2 and 10: 250
Area 3-7 and 11-13: 275
Area 8, 9 and 14: 300
Low alt. block for SHEP 1&2
High alt. block for SHEP 1&2
15.500'-22.000' (21000 m. alt under 29.92)
Area 13 high: 15.000-20.000 (19.000 ved alt under 29.92)
Break out from inside downwind (pattern status permitting) using local procedures if:
1. Another aircraft in the final turn is not in sight.
2. A straight in is inside 2 miles and not in sight.
3. An ELP is inside low key and normal spacing cannot be maintained.
4. Pattern spacing cannot be maintained within the normal ground track
5. Not properly configured by the perch point.
Reduction gear box does what?
reduces turbine output to prop RPM (30,000 -‐> 2000 RPM)
Roll out on final?
1/2 - 3/4 prior to RWY
Power on stall entry:
Recover when control effectiveness is lost
Recovered with two climbing and accelerating
Aim for landing where on the RWY?
500 - 1000' foot down (flaps TO)
With hydr px below 1800 what is shown?
Numbers in gage turn amber
Can you EMER extend the flaps with only the AUX BAT on?
How is the flap lever and flap position indicator powered?
By the battery bus
How is the PMU powered?
By the 32 VAC PMA (backup is battery bus)
How fast is the battery drained if the generator fails and the ignition is in manual?
What is the min pressure for the emergency oxygen system?
1800 psi (black is 1800-2500 psi)
How do you enter the restricted pattern?
Entries are limited to:
- straight in from radar drop off point
- crosswind entries from the center RWY
- Initial T/O
Unrestricted pattern requirements?
Weather permits full use of all training areas
Min. 3000' AGL ceiling
Min. Vis is 5 miles
How to expedite ELP training?
Request closed to low key
Request break to low key
75' staggered/150' in line/300' night or ice conditions
How many feet wingtip clearance when taxiing on yellow lines?
min. 10 feet