Flashcards in Rules of conduct for members Deck (6)
What are the RICS Rules of Conduct?
Set out the professional conduct and practice expected of members and firms
Two short documents:
One for members
One for firms
How many RICS Rules of Conduct for Members are there?
NINE - divided into 2 parts:
2. Personal and Professional Standards
What does Part 1 (General) cover in the ROC for Members?
1. Interpretation: in the Rules, ‘Member’ = defines as:
- Chartered Member
- Non-Chartered Member
- Honorary Member
- Member of the attached classes
2. Communication: RICS will communicate with Members by any of the following:
- in person
What are the SEVEN standards covered in Part 2 (Personal and Professional Standards) of the ROC for Members?
1. Ethical Behaviour - Members must act with integrity and avoid COI
2. Competence – carry out their work with due skill, care and diligence and proper regard for technical expectations
3. Service - instructions in a timely manner and to a high standard of service and customer care
4. CPD – comply with RICS requirements and keeping up-to-date
5. Solvency - manage personal and professional finances appropriately
6. Information to RICS - submit in a timely manner such info required by Standards and Regulation Board may reasonably require
7. Cooperation - cooperate fully with RICS staff and any person appointed by the Standards and Regulation Board
What is a Sole Practitioner?
AKA sole proprietor = a proprietor of a professional practice and owner of the business
Responsible for its debts and obligations (think freelance)
Also responsible for paying their own personal income taxes
Some SPs are a part of a firm / practice