Flashcards in Session 10 Deck (22):
Was sagen Malmendier/Tate in ihrem Text: "Superstar CEOs"?
- eine kleine Anzahl von "Superstars" genießen den Großteil der Prämien
- preisgekrönte CEOs underperformen zu ihrer vorherigen Leistung als auch zu nicht-preisgekrönten CEOs
-bekommen mehr Vergütungen nach dem sie einen Preis gewonnen haben sowohl in absoluten Beträgen als auch zu anderen leitenden Angestellten ihres Unternehmens
- verbringen mehr Zeit auf öffentlichen und privaten Tätigkeiten außerhalb ihrer Gesellschaften, wie das Annehmen von Vorstandssitzen oder das Schreiben von Büchern
- Das Vorkommen von Ergebnismanagement steigert sich nach dem Gewinn
- Effekte sind am stärksten in Unternehmen mit schwacher Unternehmensführung
- Ergebnis: ex post Folgen sind negativ für die Aktionäre
How is leadership defined?
is a process whereby an individual influences a group of individuals to achieve a common goal
How is a leader defined?
- followers are involved together
- followers need each other
- often initiate and maintain the relationship
- are not above or better than followers
What is an assigned leadership?
leadership based on occupying a position within an organization
What is an emergent leadership?
an individual perceived by others as the most influential member of a group or organization regardless of the individual's title
- emerges over time through communication behaviors
- affected by personality and gender
What is the power of leadership?
- the capacity or potential to influence
- ability to affect others' beliefs, attitudes & actions
What are the bases of social power by French & Raven?
What is position power?
derived from office or rank in an organization
What is personal power?
his influence derived from being seen as likable & knowledgeable
Which types of French & Raven belong to position power?
Which types of French & Raven belong to personal power?
What does coercion involve?
- use of force to effect change
- influencing others to do something by manipulating rewards and penalties in the work environment
- use of threats, punishments and negative rewards
What is the consequence of having power and restraint?
used to force followers to engage in extreme behavior
Which management activities exist?
- planning & budgeting
- organizing & staffing
- controlling & problem solving
Which leadership activities exist?
- establishing direction
- aligning people
What is the characteristic of managers?
- are reactive
- prefer to work with people solving
- low emotional involvement
What is the characteristic of leaders?
- are emotionally active & involved
- shape ideas over responding to them
- act to expand available options
- change the way people think about what is possible
Which traits have to be possessed or cultivated if one seeks to be perceived by others as a leader?
What are the big five personality factors of the 5-factor personality model and leadership?
What are the results of the 5-factor personality model and leadership?
- strong relationship between personality traits and leadership
- extraversion: factor most strongly associated with leadership
- conscientiousness: second most related factor
- low neuroticism
- agreeableness: only weakly related to leadership
What is the definition of emotional intelligence and leadership?
- ability to perceive and
- apply emotions to life's tasks
- reason/understand emotions
- express emotions
- use emotions to facilitate thinking
- manage emotions within oneself and relationships