Flashcards in Sobre mim (Inglês) Deck (13)
What initiative have you
taken on your own to learn more about finance?
I had some classes in college such as Accounting, Corporate Finance, Financial Market, Financial Planning, that have covered all the basics, and besides that, I've taken some online courses from Saint Paul to gain deep understanding in finance.
What do you do for fun?
I like to play tennis, to cook and to go out with my friends. I usually go to bars or restaurants.
What was your favorite class in college / business school?
I think it was accounting and Strategic planning.
What are your favorite movies / books?
Forrest Gump, it is a movie where he tells his own history. He is a simple man with a low IQ but good intentions. He faces many difficulties thoroughout his life, but he manages to turn each setback intosomething good for him. It's a drama-comedy film, so you can laugh and even cry watching it.
I see you switched jobs about once a year.
How do I know that you’re here to stay for the long-term?
I believe it is common to move when better opportunity arises, but now I have done a lot of research and spoken with my boyfriend and others friends in ..., and I'm certain about what I want, and nothing is as attractive to me as ....
What was your greatest failure?
I believe my greatest failure was not trying to have a excellent academic background in college, because I was involved in so many things, like in athetics, a lot of classes during the semester and I was still practicing tennis. So, at that time, I was prioritizing tennis and internship over my study.
Why would you be good at this job?
Well, I think I have all of the technical and soft skills that you’re looking for, I have almost 2 years of experience on Finance, and I’m confident that I would be a great professional in the role.
What do you know about ER?
They produce research reports, projections, and recommendations concerning companies and stocks. Typically, an equity analyst specializes in a small group of companies in a particular industry or country to develop the high-level expertise necessary to produce accurate projections and recommendations.
The busiest times include initiating coverage on a sector or specific stock, and earnings season when corporate earnings reports have to be analyzed rapidly.
What activities have you done at BofA?
- support the client relationship managers with day-to-day activities
- development of meeting materials, analysis, and other client presentations
- development of reports and controls relevant to the Corporate Banking team's transactions
- perform due dilligence and know-your-client activities
What are you qualities?
- Hard worker, well organized and focused
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and ability to execute quickly and efficiently
- eager to learn
What are you weaknesses?
I try not to see it as weakness, but a area of imporvement
- I’m not such a good communicator.
- I sometimes lack confidence, and I know it can sometimes cause inefficiencies in my work. For example, In the past I felt unqualified to speak up at important meetings.
I've been trying to improve interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
but besides that, I consider myself a good team player.
Why do you want to work in Investment Banking?
- I'm excited about a steep learning curve and exposure to high profile deals
- want to gain solid technical and modeling skills and be exposed to a wide variety of industries and different markets.
- I want to work in a fast-paced environment and with smart and motivated people