Flashcards in TA Waterway System Deck (9)
1. What are the most critical parts of the waterway system?
Port, Dam, and Locks
2. What are the sub categories of port and waterway system?
Vessels, Waterways, Ports, Services and Repairs
3. What are the major factors to consider when targeting waterway system?
Tied factors, small boat operations, surface swimming, beach profiles and currents
4. What is placement of explosive on Vessel?
On the wharf side, below the waterline
5. What are the critical components of vessel?
Propeller shafts, rudders, and water cooling intakes
6. What are the two types of cranes in harbor operations?
Container cranes and Jib (Cargo) cranes
7. In underdeveloped countries, what types of crane is critical to harbor operations?
8. What system depend heavily on electricity during normal operations?