Flashcards in Test 5 Deck (10)
1. You are driving on the freeway. The vehicle in front of you is a large truck. You should drive:
a. Closely behind the truck in bad weather because the driver can see farther ahead.
b. Farther behind the truck than you would for a passenger vehicle.
c. No more than one car length behind the truck so the driver can see you.
2. All of the following practices are dangerous to do while driving. Which of these is also illegal?
a. Listening to music through headphones that cover both ears.
b. Adjusting your outside mirrors.
c. Transporting an unrestrained animal inside the vehicle.
3. Always stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
a. You don't have room on the other side to completely cross the tracks.
b. The railroad crossing is located in a city or town that has frequent train traffic.
c. You transport two or more young children in a passenger vehicle.
4. When you tailgate other drivers (drive close to their rear bumper):
a. You can frustrate the other drivers and make them angry.
b. Your actions cannot result in a traffic citation.
c. You help reduce traffic congestion.
5. Should you always drive slower than other traffic?
a. No, you can block traffic when you drive too slowly.
b. Yes, it is a good defensive driving technique.
c. Yes, it is always safer than driving faster than other traffic.
6. You see a signal person at a road construction site ahead. You should obey his or her instructions:
a. Only if you see orange cones on the road ahead.
b. Unless they conflict with existing signs, signals, or laws.
c. At all times.
7. When can you drive in a bike lane?
a. During rush hour traffic if there are no bicyclists in the bike lane.
b. When you are within 200 feet of a cross street where you plan to turn right.
c. When you want to pass a driver ahead of you who is turning right.
8. You see a flashing yellow traffic signal at an upcoming intersection. The flashing yellow light means:
a. Stop before entering the intersection as long as you can do so safely.
b. Stop. Yield to all cross traffic before crossing the intersection.
c. Slow down and cross the intersection carefully.
9. There is no crosswalk and you see a pedestrian crossing your lane ahead. You should:
a. Make eye contact and then pass him/her.
b. Slow down as you pass him/her.
c. Stop and let him/her finish crossing the street.