Flashcards in Test- Digestion Deck (10):
What structure enable the small intestine to absorb large amounts of nutrients.
Villi pg 61
4. In what part of the body does the most chemical digestion take place?
Small intestine page 61
5. What carbohydrate helps your digestive system function even though your body cannot digest it?
Fiber pg 61
9. What is bolus?
It is what food is called after it’s been partially broken down in the mouth. Pg 60
10. Which of the following is true about the stomach
All are true pg 60
11. When chyme enters the small intestine.....
None of these occur pg 60-61
23. Where does the digestion of carbohydrates begin?
The mouth pg 60
25. Where does the alimentary canal end?
The large intestine pg 61
30. The process by which nutrient molecules pass through the wall of the digestive system and into the blood is called.
Absorption pg 61