Flashcards in Test- The Respiratory And Excretory Deck (7):
5. Tiny filtering structures where urine is produced in the kidneys are called ________.
Nephrons. Pg 77
33. After flowing through the nasal cavities, air enters the ______, or throat.
Pharynx. Pg 77
34. The movement of air into and out of the lungs is called ________.
Breathing. Pg 76
35. The _________, or windpipe, leads to the pharynx toward the lungs.
Trachea. Pg 76
37. The process in which energy is released from glucose is called cellular _______.
Respiration. Pg 76
41. Identify a waste substance that is NOT eliminated from the body by the excretory system. How is that substance removed from the body?
A waste substance that is not eliminated from the body is carbon dioxide. It is eliminated from the body by breathing and respiration. Pg 79