Flashcards in The equality act 2014 Deck (4)
what are the first two key features of the equality act?
1. Brought together previous legislation that protected people from discrimination.
2. Applies to everyone who provides a service to the public.
what are the 3rd and 4th key features of the equality act?
3.Everyone has a right to be treated with dignity and respect.
4. Prohibits discrimination on the grounds of ' protected characteristics'- age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.
what are the 5th and 6th key features of the equality act?
5. prohibits both direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
6. public sector equality duty- To proactively eliminate unlawful discrimination, advance equality and promote cohesion.