Flashcards in Unite Review Exercises Deck (72):
1. The fractional Divisions of an inch are determined by?
a. dividing the inch into equal parts
b. the decimal equivalent
c. length of scale
d. size of the job
Dividing the inch into equal parts
2. What type of layout tool do you use to mark cut lines on metal surfaces?
c. Prick punch
d. Layout punch
3. The included angle of a center punch point should be?
4. What type of punch do you use to create a depression in a metal surface to prevent your twist drill from walking?
5. What snips are best suited for enlarging small holes in sheet metal?
6. What type of file do you use to sharpen blades?
c. single cut
d. double cut
7. What type of chisel is best suited for cutting sheet metal and heads off screws?
c. Diamond point
d. Half round nose
8. When using a hacksaw, the cutting strokes should be long and steady with a speed of not more than how many strokes per minute?
40 to 50
9. Which lever shear can cut sheet metal of UNLIMITED length or width?
10. When squaring metal on the manually operated squaring shears, what step do you take if a piece of metal that has been shared is NOT square?
ADJUST THE SIDE GAUGE
11. What must you know to use the job selector dial on a contour metal cutting saw?
The materials COMPOSITION and THICKNESS
12. What is the maximum safe gap between the wheel and the work rest of the pedestal grinder?
13. When using a stop countersink, each increment of the micrometer adjustment INCREASES OR DECREASES the DEPTH of cut by how much?
0.001 inch OR One thousand of an inch
14. The countersinking tool should NOT be tipped because the well will be?
15. You determine that the microshaver needs to cut .004 inch deeper. In order to adjust it properly you would PULL OUT the stop and...?
Turn it CLOCKWISE, 4 marks
16. What do you use to LOCATE a specific point on a BLUE PRINT?
ZONE NUMBERS, AND LETTERS
17. A LEADER LINE in a drawing is best described as?
A line indicating a part of the drawing to which some REFERENCE NOTE applies.
18. What are the LEAST amount of views USUALLY necessary to show THREE dimensions on a drawing?
19. What is the difference when the fraction 1/8 is SUBSTRACTED from the SUM of the fractions 3/4 and 5/32?
20. The product of multiplying the common fraction 5/6 by the common fraction 3/5 is?
21. A decimal is a fraction whose denominator is always a power of?
22. The quotient 0.62 results from dividing?
0.465 by 0.75
23. The amount of metal needed to form a BEND is called?
24. A BEND in sheet metal should BEGIN at?
The bend TANGENT LINE
25. If the K-Value for 90 Degrees is 1, then what is the required amount of setback for 90 Degrees Bend with a radious of 1/4 and the metal thickness is 0.062?
26. A metal that can be hammered, rolled, or pressed into various shapes without cracking or breaking has a high degree of?
27. The relationship between the STRENGTH of a material and its WEIGHT per cubic inch is the?
28. What metal property strength is defined as the resistance of a metal to being PULLED APART?
29. What metal property strength is defined as he resistance to a CUTTING ACTION?
30. Which stress is a COMBINATION stress in an AC?
31. In addition to a high strength- to weight ratio, what is another reason for using aluminum in an AC?
EASE OF FABRICATION
32. The heat- treatable aluminum alloy that offers the BEST WELDABILITY is?
33. When reaming holes in aluminum, what is the most probable cause if the reamer starts to scrape and wedge the material, rather than cut it?
Holes where drilled Oversize
34. If a piece of metal is formed with the grain flow of the metal, it can possibly?
35. What technical Order (TO) has information on the designation and identification of TITANIUM?
36. Lack of constant pressure when you are drilling TITANIUM causes?
Hardening of the metal
37. What test can you use to differentiate between ferrous metals in a scrap pile?
38. The best way to to identify metals accurately when you are performing a spark-test is to?
Compare the spark stream of the Unknown metal with the spark stream of the known metal
39. What happens When you substitute a thinner metal that is stronger that an original metal?
Decrease Torsional Strength
40. You secure the steel fingers on a box and pan break by using?
41. How can you IDENTIFY different types of bolts?
42. How can you avoid stripping threads when installing a nut and bolt?
Torque the nut to Proper Specifications
43. What crew removal procedure is NOT authorized?
44. What kind of surface is the fastener removal tool primarily designed for use on?
45. What nut style do you use if all the bolt hole locations are equally spaced around an opening?
46. 75% of all bolt and nut installation fatigue are caused by?
Insufficient tightening and lack of proper preload or clamping force
47. To properly inspect the locking collar of an installed hi-lock fastener you visually check the physical features of the locking collar and?
48. How many flutes are there in the upper threaded portion of the EDDIE-PIN?
49. The flutes on the EDDIE-PIN allow for what type of mechanical lock with the EDDIE-NUT?
50. What type of hole preparation is recommended in an aluminum structure to provide improved load transfer and improved fatigue performance?
51. What shank height and diameter requirements do you look for when inspecting newly formed solid rivet shop heads?
Height is 1/2 of the rivet's diameter; Diameter is 1-1/2 of the rivet's diameter
52. What should you do before shaving a mislabel Jo-bolt
Inspect for looseness
53. If a Jo-bolt turns after you apply a light torque during installation, you must
Remove and Replace it
54. To properly replace a skin panel, where do you start the riveting process?
At the center, working alternatively from side to side and from top to bottom
55. How do you determine the size of a twist drill you need to use to remove a Jo-bolt that is rotating in a hole?
Diameter of the Jo-bolt
56. To properly inspect the installation of a mechanical -lock blind bolt, you check the fit of the manufactured head against the work surface
Position of the Pin, and the position of the Locking Collar
57. Which is not a removal step for the mechanical-lock blind bolt?
Drill out the sleeve
58. If the grip length of the mechanical-lock blind rivet you are installing is insufficient, then ...
Stem breaks off below the manufactured head
How many nose assemblies are required to install composite-Lok fasteners?
60. What tool do you use to inspect a Composite-Lok after installation?
Stem break off gauge
61. If you find the nut plate is misaligned after installing it using pull-through blind rivets, the probable cause if the?
Nut plate was clamped too loosely during installation
62. The best procedure to use when you are removing a pull through blind rivet is to?
Drill off the head of the rivet,
ensuring the countersunk or dimpled area is not damaged
63. The tubing material for manufacturing external AC break lines is?
Corrosion-resistant Stainless Steel type 304
64. What are the three operations usually involved in replacement of tubing assembly?
65. What is the preferred method of cutting tubing?
66. What size OD of aluminum tubing can be bent with a production tube bender?
3/8 to 1.5 inch
67. You can use the permaswage repair method to repair damaged tubing that carries PSI pressure up to?
68. The step not required when preparing a piece of tubing for a permaswage repair is?
69. You can use the Rynglock repair method to repair damaged tubing assemblies that have operating PSI up to?
70. Dynatube expanders designed for titanium are identified by an area on the stop collar painted?
71. The end marking template for a Permalite fitting is based on the?
Outside Diameter of the tubing