Flashcards in Upper Level Vocab (SSAT) Princeton Review Book Deck (17)
To give up or renounce.
To detest utterly.
1. To hard to cut, break or pierce.
2. Any unyieldingly hard substance.
Very skilled; expert.
1. To council, caution, or advise against something.
2. To remind
To make greater in wealth, power, rank, or honor.
1. To cause pain or uneasiness.
2. To be ill.
Having mixed feelings about someone or something.
To make or become better.
1. Severe in manner or appearance.
2. Severely simple; serious. `
An overwhelming quantity or explosion.
A fortified place.
To express with grief over; to regard with regret or disapproval.
A disposition in a will; a legacy.
Obvious; offensively noisy or loud.